550W HPS Jack Herer, Purple Kush hybrid...

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by clift, Jan 31, 2010.

1. And to make matters more complicated the room is located in a shed, with no insulation, and it regularly dips below -20 celsius where I am in the north. I'll get more details up later, for now I'm just testing these two plants to see if I want to grow out the clones. Enjoy the pics from the end of Week 8 flowering for the Jack Herer (huge one), and end of week 3 for the Indica.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The PK hybrid starting to show some color.
    [​IMG]

2. #3 clift, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    Hey, this is not my first grow but it is my first time having to do it under such conditions. Outside, the average temperature where I live now is around -14c (6.8f), but sometimes can go much lower(especially with the windchill!) and my shed had no insulation whatsoever other than the building wrap under the siding. I have since constructed a small (3*3ft) grow room, and fitted it with (1)400W and (1)150W high pressure sodium light.

Growing only two plants in here at the moment while some clones take root. I have an exhaust fan at the top(unseen in pics) plus lots of air circulation thanks to 2 fans, one which generates heat while the lights are off. Also, I have a household radiator in there to help with the cold nights. The temperature inside the room is consistent around 24 degrees with the lights on, only off about 2 degrees when the lights go off. I decided to take caution and let it be a bit too warm as opposed to letting it get comfortably cooler since on a windy night who knows what could happen!

The ballast is a Lumatek one, it's digital and has done very well so far, lights up quickly and not a sound to be heard. The 150w is a security lamp with magnetic ballast but is dandy at secondary lighting!

Now on to the genetics.
    The large Sativa in the pics is the Jack Herer plant. It's been growing 3 1/2 months now, and is starting in on week 4 of flowering. As you can see I got the Haze phenotype, so I will certainly grow the clones. It's my big haul for the next little while, and I can't wait!

The indica in the pics is flowering as well. It's purposefully small, I just want to see what it turns out like. It's a cross between a Purple Kush mother, and an older male indica clone I have around that I love. I have a couple of cuttings from it if it turns out to be great! I have other seeds grown for later as well.

I always grow organic, soil only. I re-pot the plants 3 times during their life cycle, each time I put them into a new mix. The first is loose and rather shallow, makes for easy rooting. Second pot it goes to is a good vegetative mixture and consists of a thicker mix that drains well and still holds water. The final pot looks like the one the Jack Herer plant is in now, and consists of less nitrogen etc for flowering. Each pot has holes on the bottom for water to drain out. I know it's not how everyone goes about it, but it works great for me and I always have good yeilds and thick buds! I

So I will update on this board as often as possible to let you guys know how it's coming along!