55 Year Prison Sentence For 350 Worth Of MJ

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by As Above So Below, Jan 30, 2014.

1. #21 Heroic Dose, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    The guns were illegal because he was selling weed.

When i said unregistered i was trying to use it as a blanket term for an illegal gun, possibly with serial filed or whatnot.

And ofc he doesnt deserve a punishment for what he did, but the laws are clear on what the consequences were going to be if he was caught doing so.

I was trying to point out how you were trying to use the laws to justify it (constitution) when thats irrelevant and the laws are really clearly against it.

2. That's the fucked up part and why I initially asked if selling cannabis voids your second amendment rights.

My legal property instantly becomes illegal and a felony because of the plants being sold or gifted?
    That's silly as fuck and deserves no respect.

3. Youd think a court that wasnt corrupt would look at the evidence stemming from the beginning, ie precedent.

If not, this implies corruption/alterior motive on the courts part.

4. Agreed, but thats just how it works. Most if not all of your constitutional rights can be invalidated by other laws in certain scenarios.

Its why they should be seen as privileges and not rights.

5. While I agree with the majority of your post, self defense isn't some privilege granted to me by anyone.

6. #26 rain dancer, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    Thats not true.

The 2nd amendment says "shall not be infringed"

All these laws are being infringed. There is no interpretation required. Its trickery and corruption.

As a natural born citizen, they are guaranteed rights. They become priviledges when convicted. Imo, even convictions should not negate natural born rights. What is happening to gun laws in california is completely unconstitutional. These corrupt, infringing laws should be negated immedietly. Unfortunately, corruption is a money maker. Luckily, feinstein is 80 something, ie, nearing her expiration date.

I blame frisco for voting her in every year.

7. The thing is no piece of paper will ever grant you "rights". The constitution and every law only operates if people want it to operate the way its written.

Imo, the constitution is pretty much a list of "things youre unlikely to be punished for".

By giving any person more power then you you immediately lose any right you could possibly claim. Every single one will be infringed when it suits those you gave the power to.

8. To an extent i agree with you, but if i felt dickish i could point to my california id, my social security card and other legal docs that give me a lot of rights. But i dont feel dickish.

You have a point. We all need to stay armed. Im of the belief that no military on earth could overthrow a vastly armed populace. Technology fails when peoples principals/morals take over. Theres no substitute for big guns and lots of ammo and training. Not that i think people should fear their govt or be extreme, but if the time comes, everyone should be willing to fight for their own individual freedoms imo.

It should start and end in the courts. The battlefields of war should be reserved for those who cant agree with words. War is barbaric.

9. And what rights do they give you? Is there actually anything you can do with them that you literally couldn't without?

Or, do they in fact not grant you any ability and rather just change somebody elses opinion of your actions?

10. #30 rain dancer, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    Im able to get lots of free aid, from college to food.

People without them definitely cannot. I gave a guy a ride home last year who was in one of my classes. He was mexican, born on the border, brought here at 3 months old. Didnt have either. He was supposed to graduate with me but couldnt because he wasnt a citizen, even though hed jumped through all the right hoops.

Im able to buy guns with my id. Legally.

Without that id it would be a felony to do so, sure its possible, but its a minimum five year prison sentence if caught.

And so on and so on

Like getting a job, joining the military. Having my highscool diploma makes joining the military (certain branches, a breeze)

Got my medical marijuana card. Couldnt get it without cali id.

Edit: i can tell you want to be right about this, sorry to burst your bubble.

Im not sayin rights cant and havent been trampled. But some of these pieces of paper have an actual impact. Thats why i said the whole dickish thing. We could go back n forth all day. Ive had a lot of first hand experience with shit people claim is impossible, etc.

11. From my understanding the Constitution does not give you any 'rights', it merely outlines what 'rights' everybody has from birth.

12. Are those really rights though? Imo those things like aid are social issues that rely on the support of others. can you have the right to require something of somebody else? Thats just a benefit which is different from a right.

And you could always get a gun or grow weed. The only thing that changes is the legality. Somebody elses opinion essentially.

13. Would you feel the same if he was a convicted felon? We don't know if he is, but if he is than it's absolutely within reason to throw the book in that situation.

14. A violent felon or a "you were growing weed" felon?

15. #35 Hypoxic, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    Convicted of a felony is convicted of a felony...

Even if it was a weed felony, the courts and prob/parolee depts make it clear you cannot posses a firearm as a felon regardless of circumstance. It's part of you being allowed to remain in free society.

16. There are a lot of felonies.
    Some violent. Some nonviolent.

So your hypothetical is kinda vague.

17. Doesn't matter. See my edit above. Once you become a convicted felon you lose your 2nd amendment right, tough marbles

18. Yeah I know that...

Where are you going with this and your marbles?

19. That if he is a convicted felon than 55 years is not crazy. In that case he knew the risks and the consequences. Again I'm only pointing it out because it seems like people see weed and 55 years and think that's nuts or they feel that he has a right to bare arms. I wish we knew his previous criminal record, it'd make the debate a lot more productive. Given what we know, 55 years is a little excessive...but if the small bit of info came out he was a felon than I'd feel it's tough but not extreme or excessive. At some point you have to put a foot down to get through to someone, this judge must of felt his actions and record warranted a stern punishment.

20. Yeah.

And nowhere does it say that he is a convicted felon or that the guns were illegal.

But personally id be more comfortable being a around a weed growing "felon" that's armed than a violent felon.
    To answer your first post.