55"x55" Tent Journal - 1200W Perpetual Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by funkymonkey, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Sorry about the 3 week delay in an update guys!!!!!! Its been hard trying to find a camera im willing to part 30-40 bucks on, LOL but i finally found one at a garage sale for $25. We'll see how she does. Anyway......

Since I started this thread, all 4 original plants have been harvested. I have leftover in the flowering tent: 4 x Green-o-Matic, OG #18, and Pandora's Box. All 4 green-o-matics had to be transplanted from 2 gallon to 5 gallon bags because I couldn't keep up with the watering demand of the 2 gallon pots. No stress from what I see after the transplant. I should be harvesting all 4 of these Auto's by the first of June. As for OG #18, she is now on day 29/70 and is showing bud nicely. Had to bend some branches on OG #18(accidentally broke a few), but she looks good. Also trimmed a few larger fan leaves to allow light penetration. Pandora's box is on day 20/70 and is also showing bud nicely. She has grown into quite a nice bush and has needed quite a lot of trimming of the fan leaves to allow light penetration. Also did some bending with this strain to get light to all the lower branches as well as top ones.

Tell me what you all think!!

P.S. The Mother Tent is getting new stock so it is down for right now...pictures of it possibly next Sunday!

1823.jpg is Pandora's Box, 1791.jpg is OG #18, and all other pictures are Green-o-matic

Attached Files:

2. Well I am glad to say that I got my Mother Keeper tent back up and running with 3 new babies. Green-o-Matic, DNA Cataract Kush, and TGA The Flav all made it through the transplant to better quality soil!! They looked rough there for a few days but bounced back nicely with this fresh organic soil. Anyway, they are getting a few more days vegg then going to 12/12 even though they aren't very big...gotta make up for lost time with smaller plants.

As for the Flowering Tent, All 4 Green-o-Matics are coming along GREAT!! I love this Autoflowering strain!! Smells like a sour diesel plant when you rub against the buds. Should be harvesting all 4 by the end of May. OG #18 is now at day 34/70. Bud growth has been really slow on this one; im guessing it must be one of those strains that like to put on all its weight in the last 2 weeks of flowering----at least that's what i'm hoping lol. Pandora's Box is on day 25/70 and it is putting on bud weight and girth FAST!!! The pistils on this plant are very long compared to all the others. Very nice little bush!

Here's the pictures!

1843.jpg from left to right- The Flav, Cataract Kush, & Green-o-Matic
    1847.jpg-Pandora's Box; 1881.jpg - OG #18; ALL other pictures are Green-o-Matic

Attached Files:

3. [quote name='"funkymonkey"']This is going to be my Journal for my new grow tent. This will be a perpetual grow as soon as I get my plants up and producing and find some suitable strains to work with. This is not my first grow, but it is my first grow in a tent with so much control over growth factors. In the past I have had cruddy light sources and light reflectors, but this tent will hopefully work out well.

I got my 55" x 55" x 79" tent and most of my supplies for this grow over a few months from HTG Supply as well as some Amazon stores. The tent as very easy to assemble and put up - 1 person job and I am right at 6 feet tall.

Here are my current supplies:
    - "Big Tent" for flowering (55" x 55" x 79" tall)
    - "Mother Keeper" for seedling/vegging (51.5"W x 22.5"D x 48.5"H)
    - 3 x 400 watt HPS lights (2 with Lumatek dimmable ballasts, 1 with magnetic ballast)
    - 2 Airflow Reflectors (20" long x 24" wide x 8" high)
    - 1 Maxwing Reflector (19⅜" long x 16½" wide x 5⅛" deep)
    - 1 box fan
    - 5 gallon buckets for flowering stage pots
    - solo cups for seedlings or clones
    - All organic light blend soil (no pieces of bark; mix that is airy yet still allows water retention)
    - all organic amendments listed in Subcool "Super Soil" recipe
    - 6" inline 435CFM centrifugal fan (with speed controller) Intake
    - 6" inline 435CFM centrifugal fan (with speed controller) Exhaust
    - 8" duct fan (supposedly 300 CFM, but I estimate ~200CFM) Exhaust
    - Advanced Nutrients

My water source is just tap water out of the faucet. I checked it once and it was around 220ppm or so. However I let it sit out for a good 30 hours before using it on my plants or mixing it with any nutrients. I am using all organic amendments according to Subcool's Super Soil recipe. The bottom half of each 5 gallon bucket gets Super Soil and the top half is just normal light organic soil. I water with Advanced Nutrients SensiZym, Voodoo Juice, Tarantula, and Carbo Load on day 1, day 7, and day 14 of flowering (pure water in between these waterings). On week 4 (28 days) I add about 4 tablespoons/Liter of dried bat guano and mix it thoroughly with my water and let it sit for a good 2-3 hours with some oxygen stones pumping through the water to aerate it. I also add 2ml/L of Nirvana. Every 2 weeks until the last 2 weeks of flowering, I will throw in a tablespoon of 50% humic acid/50% kelp to keep the micronutrients in check. The last 1.5-2 weeks I use only pure water----usually I go buy Ozarka brand pure spring bottled water for the final flush period instead of using tap water.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the list of my upgrades coming soon:

- 1 Lumatek dimmable 400 watt ballast
    - 1 air coolable fixtures for the 400 watt light with Maxwing reflector
    - upgrade the crappy box fan inside the tent to 2 rotating fans to help air circulate over the whole canopy as well as underneath

My next post will be of the plants I am putting in the tent[/quote]

Hey hows it goin man I jus recently got my first grow goin as well n was lookin into those tents..by chance you got a rough estimate on your setup/supplies investment?

4. #24 funkymonkey, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012

Counting the two tents, the 3 lights and reflectors, the two inline fans, and all my supplies like nutrients, I've easily invested $1300-1500. But I've saved so much money by growing because I don't have to go out and pay the ridiculous prices people charge me around my area (500-600 an ounce is CRAZY!!!!). I've easily produced 8 ounces since i've started so that there saved me $3500-4000 in black market pot prices.....

5. #25 funkymonkey, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
    Another 7 days has gone by, so here's the update

*Green-o-Matic: All 4 Greenhouse Green-o-Matic's are in their last 7-10 days. I decided to go ahead and harvest the smallest Green-o-Matic last night; that's why I didn't do an update til today---Monday LOL.

*OG #18: Day 41/70----I am not feeding this one any extra Advanced Nutrients, only plain water, because I am noticing that this variety seems a little slow to bud and the leaves are very dark green....got a little droop to them, but other than that, I guess this one is doing what it should be doing.

*TGA Pandora's Box: Day 32/70----This has to be the healthiest looking plant in the tent. It is a perfect bush--I just trimmed some extra fan leaves off to allow better light penetration. This plant loves water and loves to be close to the light. Ever since I first started seeing pistils, bud growth has EXPLODED. There is more bud on this plant than the OG and OG has a good 10 day advantage, lol. Resin started becoming abundant around day 28 or so, and if you touch the bud at all, the smell is awesome...I'm not even really sure what to describe the smell as because it is something I've never smelled before with marijuana. Very exotic smelling. Bud sites everywhere!

--Newest Additions to Flowering Tent!!!!--

*TGA The Flav: Day 5/65----This one got added to the Flowering Tent May 16. Since then, it has shown pistils, so it is Female. You can see that it is doing quite well since the transition from a small pot to a 5 gallon grow bag as well as the transition from fluorescent light to HPS. I got this plant in the back corner right under one of the lights. TGA varieties always grow bud FAST and the plants look so damn healthy!!

*DNA Cataract Kush: Day 5/65----Well, this one was suffering from the beginning due to some crappy potting soil used to sprout the seed with. Since then, it came back pretty well from the shock...it got about the equivalent of 2 weeks vegg time. Then I broke the damn top off on accident when moving it to the Flowering Tent, so yea go ahead and talk shit but maybe I can get an ounce off of it if it stretches, LOL

*As for the Mother Keeper tent, I didn't take a picture cause its only got one sprout. Its a Paradise Seed's Dellahaze, which is gonna be a challenge to grow in the Flowering Tent later I'm sure due to its Haze tendencies, but I've never grown or smoked a really good Haze, so I wanted to give it a shot!! I'm only gonna Vegg this one about 2-3 weeks or so then put it in the Flowering Tent.

--Picture Captions--
    All uncaptioned pictures are Green-o-Matic
    1891-Pandora's Box; 1888-OG #18; 1915-Cataract Kush; 1911-The Flav

Attached Files:

6. First off...damn I forgot to get pictures of Green-o-Matic while I was harvesting it lol. But fear not, for I still have 2 of them left in my flowering tent. Just finished trimming the second one earlier. Got about 10 grams left off the first Green-o-Matic that I harvested. Great stuff especially from an Automatic plant!!! Its a pretty damn strong couch lock high if you smoke 3-4 bowls in a bong. But anyway enough about that, I'll put the results for Green-o-Matic in a smoke report some time later once I let some of it fully cure for a good 2 weeks.

As for the Flowering Tent, all the plants are doing great!........except...

*OG #18 day 48/70....for some reason it just doesn't look as healthy as the other plants in my tent. And it is supposed to be on day 48 on flowering but it doesn't really show much bud....not sure what's wrong or if anything is wrong....it may surprise me in the last 3 weeks it has left...one thing i do note is that the buds it has formed are rock solid and seem super compact so i guess that's a plus lol.

*TGA Pandora's Box- day 39/70: This plant is still doing GREAT! You can literally watch the buds fatten up each day. The smell continues to be so great from this plant and resin is everywhere although you can't really tell by the pictures...

*TGA The Flav- day 12/65: This plant is also doing GREAT just like all of TGA's strains seem to do. The stretch is quite noticeable from last week's picture, but I have pruned this plant to either 8 or 9 very strong branches and I am training them to grow horizontal instead of vertical. This one looks like it's gonna give some good results. Pre-flowers are on every internode, so next week it should be showing some buds.

*DNA Cataract Kush- day 12/65: Well this plant bounced back and is doing awesome now! Last week I had accidentally broken off the top inch and a half or so of the plant, but since then it has grown two strong tops in place of the broken top. It has also stretched a bit but it is growing foliage as it is stretching and the internodes are staying pretty compact from what I have noted. I also pruned this plant down at the base where some straggly branches were growing. This one has 5 or 6 good strong branches and then two main tops.

Mother Keeper tent: I started 3 new seeds.... 2 Emerald Triangle Blueberry Headband (not feminized) and 1 Greenhouse The Church Feminized. They all 3 sprouted by this morning (5/27)! Oh, and I almost forgot about my Paradise Seeds Delahaze....It sprouted the 18th I believe and I've been giving it close to 24 hours light every day...mostly under fluorescent lighting but I put it outside during the day and give it a good strong 7 hours of sun-light. This one is going to be transplanted soon and put into flowering early due to it's Haze tendencies so I can hopefully keep it under 3 feet...

Here's the pictures!!! Flowering tent only, sorry ill get the other tent next week!!

1964&1949.jpg-Green-o-Matic; 1935-OG; 1960-Pandora's box; 1946-Cataract Kush; 1954-The Flav

Attached Files:

7. Well, I got all of my Green-o-Matic Autoflowering strains chopped down. Smoked up the first little plant I had from the harvest but I am curing the other 4. Been smoking Green-o-Matic and Vortex this week :)

Anyway, for the Flowering Tent Update:

*Reserva Privada OG #18-day 55/70 The buds are starting to fill out a bit more and are very compact looking, but still no signs of red hairs. Resin is finally starting to come in on the buds--I was worried for a while there. The leaves still look kinda droopy however....I don't think this plant likes my high humidity or it possibly could be crappy soil i had for a while there (thank god I got new soil for these other plants)

*TGA Pandora's Box-day 46/70- This plant is still looking great! The leaves have lightened up a little bit from their previous darker green color suggesting that harvest is coming soon. Also, the buds are filling out and the hairs are starting to change colors. Obviously still has some time to go, but the resin content is awesome on this strain. The smell is still really unique---something i can't describe besides saying its "old school." Can't wait to try this one out.

*TGA The Flav-day 19/65- This thing shot up FAST!!! It tripled in size within the past 3 weeks. Got some spider buds coming in on it right now. After I got the autoflowering plants moved out of my tent, I gained some extra room, so i bent the branches on The Flav to let it stretch out and get the most light. Can't wait to see how this beauty does, because she is a vigorous grower!!!

*DNA Cataract Kush-day 19/65- Pretty sure this one is nearing the end of its stretch, which hasn't been too bad. It doubled in size and spread out since its vegg stage. Looking like a nice, uniform plant with plenty of potential. Got spider buds forming on it as well.

And.....the new comer......
    *Paradise Seeds Delahaze-day 3/80- Not much to say about this except I am really excited to finally be growing a Haze-influenced plant. I topped this thing literally at the first internode right when it was a seedling....first set of leaves. It has since then grown two nice little shoots and seems to have liked being topped like that. I only vegged this plant for 8 days before transplanting it to a 5 gallon bag and putting it into the flowering tent since it is supposed to stretch like a MF. We shall see how she does :)

Mother Keeper Tent:

I started 3 new seeds this past week:

1 Greenhouse The Church (Feminized)
    2 Emerald Triangle Seeds Blueberry Headband (Regular)

Both are mold resistant strains which is gonna be good because Summer is rearing its ugly head here where I live and humidity is gonna be 65-80% pretty much all the time once July gets here.

Picture Captions:
    2006-GreenoMatic; 2013-Cataract Kush; 2017-Pandora's Box; 2022-Delahaze; 2029-OG; 2033-The Flav

Attached Files:

8. bump for comments

9. lol I completely forgot to update on Sunday like I usually do, but hey....better late than never...

****Flowering Tent****

OG #18: 65/77 days--I think I'm set on doing this plant for 11weeks instead of the advertised 9 weeks. There are some pistils starting to change colors now but only about 10% so far. Trichomes are still mostly clear. The buds have really swolen up this past week, putting my mind at ease about its production capability. Also looked at some other grow journals for OG18 and most of the pictures I see also have droopy leaves, so it must be genetic.

Pandora's Box: 56/70days --This one has some nice resin production, but the buds are definitely lacking girth. This strain's bud production reminds me of Vortex, just not quite as many buds sites unfortunately. I'm kinda set on taking this one to 10 weeks instead of 9 weeks like it is advertised just so i can get some extra weight....this one has about 50/50 clear cloudy trichomes.

The Flav: 30/65 days--This thing finally stopped the stretch faze of flowering and now it's concentrating on bud production :) This plant also reminds me of Vortex with its wide sweeping branches and its stretch. I'm hoping the buds do wonderful things :) This one is taking up a whole 400watt and half of another one and still has some branches that stick out past the lights.....can't wait to get it deeper into the tent for some extra light once my OG gets harvested. At Day 25 I started noticing some resin production....each day it adds more and more!

Cataract Kush: 30/65-- This plant looks EXTREMELY healthy. It is flowering perfectly as well. I've been messing with the branches (which are sturdy as hell; you can literally bend the thing in half and it wont snap) to get them to bend away from the central cola.....might end up tying them down with some fishing line to maximize light distribution on this plant. I'm thinking this one is gonna blow my mind away once harvest comes. The resin production on this one is very strong at only half-way through flowering!

Delahaze: 15/77 days-- I was hoping this one would stretch a bit while also keeping some fairly tight internodes and by golly it is doing just that!! This plant is looking really healthy and green. Not a whole lot of stretch but it definitely has more than doubled so far in size (remember i started this one into 12/12 at only 4-5" tall since it is a Haze plant). Haven't noticed any pistils yet, but the Paradise Seed website grower didn't notice any until day 20 or so and he also only minimally vegged the plant like I did. Hoping for good results from this one. I'm gonna remember not to fertilize this one hardly at all, because Hazes are sensitive to heavy fertilizer from what I've usually read. Time will tell!

*****Mother Keeper Tent*****

2 x Blueberry Headband: Day 18 Vegetative Stage: They got past the initial transplant shock nicely. I accidentally waited a bit late on the transplant as the roots had made a pretty good mass at the bottom of my solo cups around day 13 when I did the transplant. Everything is looking green once more thankfully! I want these plants to Vegg til at least 25 days or so, possibly 30...

The Church: Day 18 Vegetative: Same with this plant as both the Blueberry's....not putting her into flowering until probably day 30 Vegg because I want this one to be a nice big bush

Picture Captions:
    2076-Cataract Kush; 2081-Pandora's Box; 2102-OG; 2108-The Flav;

Attached Files: