54w DIY LED Stealth PC Grow - Bag Seed

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by IAmTheManiac, Apr 14, 2012.

1. [quote name='"IAmTheManiac"']

End of day 6 - Theres a root coming out of the bottom of my pot, it looks like its fuzzy I don't know what it is. I attached a pic. I hope its not rotten. Do you think its the plant's tap root? Should I cut it off or should I put a hydrogen peroxide water mix on it? I don't know if you can see it but in the middle of the the new leaves smaller leaves are coming out I think they are the side leaves for the new growth. This plant is growing pretty quickly hopefully they veg fast so I can start flowering :D[/quote]

O_O how deep are your pots? I would assume its the tap root, I don't think any of the others would grow that far down. I definitely wouldn't cut it off this early, but that's just my uninformed opinion.

And just sprouted those same new leaves!

image-3193168254.jpg

Topping is after the 3rd or 4th node right?

2. 4-6" deep I think its 5" yeah I think its after the 3rdand tthat plant is looking good but it looks like its stretching put the lights closer.

Start of day 8 (missed my timer so I couldn't open the box to take a pic I'm on 18/6) - its looking nice the side leaves are showing and it looks like the next set of leaves are getting ready to grow(probably tomorrow). I put my nose very close to the plant and started to smell that Skunk smell not to strong but I don't know if my carbon filter will hold up. I had an odor sok so I cut it up and made a 120mm pad with the activated carbon side and pput it behind my outtake. Will this work to clean up the smell?

Attached Files:

3. It's pulling air through it right? It should be ok for now, but I'd there isn't much carbon you may have to replace it pretty often.

Dang you're already getting some funk? I've been sniffing mine and nothing yet. XD

Im actually excited to see how she smells, but I've got to jump on getting a carbon filter myself too.

4. I don't know but the odor sok worked wonders cleaning up the smell of smoke used it for a few weeks and then stopped using it so its just sitting down doing nothing. Good luck man :-d I'm trying nto find one of the febreze plug in carbon filter so I can just plug it in the power bar.

End of day 8
    This plant is getting way too beautiful but the smell went away and now it smells like a pine tree. but its not significant enough to smell up my house. I don't even know how I am going to flower in this box. Maybe in a month I can a wood grow box (praying). The space between each node is very tight it looks like this is going to be a short and compact plant. Hopefully its not a male (probably not cause it was a bag seed and I only found 1 seed on the whole ounce).

Attached Files:

5. looking nice.. to be honest i was doubt the leds :)

6. Led's are actually really nice. Unlike cfls & HPS/HID lights leds run fairly cool, they last longer, I can control the spectrum, plus all the emitted light is angled how I want instead of 360 I can put all of it to 60 so leds are more productive. People should consider replacing their hid and cfl systems with leds, if u don't believe in the light spectrums u can always get 2700k and 6500k leds

7. End of day 9

Its growing so fast :-D its growing very tightly the next set of leaves are already starting to come out :-D I'm going to have to repot soon because the root is growing out of the bottom, trying to find a wider pot but not too tall. Do you guys have any advice or opinion on it :-D

Attached Files:

8. End of day 10

Beautiful growth :-D it grew soo much since yesterday. Alot of roots are showing from the bottom of the pot I think i'm going to have to transplant soon. I need to go pick up a 6" pot when I go out

Attached Files:

9. End of day 11

I transplanted it hopefully it isn't stunted. It was already root bound in less than 2 weeks :-s I might need to make a taller box as the container I transplanted too is pretty damn big :S Maybe I might just bring it outdoors to grow after taking like 10-20 clones

Attached Files:

10. End of day 13

Haven't posted an update in a while but the plant has become so beautiful. I want to cry

What do you think of this growth? Is it good? I transplanted it a few days ago from my small 4" container to a bigger container (a 100 disc dvd spindle lid).

Attached Files:

11. great growth compared to my cfls. prob have better soil too.

12. I'm interested to see how this turns out, I was just thinking about doing the same thing (LED PC grow) and found this thread to see how it went. I'm happy to see it is recent so that I can follow it. Good luck!

13. Hate to pressure you but please update us! I started my LED/CFL grow around the same day as you and I'd love to track your progress against my own to make sure I'm doing things right. >.<

Just in case you needed some push or something to get pictures up. Don't be lazy! You have fans! Lol

14. #34 grumbleon, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013

Oh my goodness!!! That is damn gorgeous, I'm crying for real! lol:hello: Awesome job.