52 dead in Sri Lanka Terror Attacks.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pabs, Apr 21, 2019.

1. No one seems to be covering this on here yet.

3 churches have been bombed along with 3 hotels. 52 people are reported dead, another 207 injured.

I can't seem to post a link but it's all over Google.

I have a friend over there on holiday. He's messaged me to say he and his wife are OK. They're currently held up in their hotel.

Although the mass media seem to be avoiding it (as usual) no one over there is under any illusions that it's anything but an Islamic extremist attack.

I've refrained from posting this in the religion section as I think this goes beyond religion and I can't find a current affairs or news section on here.

If someone who knows how can post a link that'd be great. BBC and Al Jazera are covering it extensively.

• Like Like x 1
  2. This happens regularly. Christians are rounded up and murdered in mass. And no one over here hears about it.
    I've been reluctant to post anything because I don't know much about the sources. I'm kinda skiddish after all that election propaganda bullshit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Persecution of Christians is horribly commonplace.

If this turns out to be Islamic terror, anyone who says anything is a nazi.

Edit: 215 dead now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I think the Sri Lankan government is also blocking social media to stop the spread of “fake news.” Very sad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Possibly, but for anyone who wants to know, the Signal app is working.

I don't use Facebook or What's app anymore so cannot comment, but I am communicating with my friends in Sri Lanka via Signal.

6. I can't change the thread title but yes, death toll now well over 200.

Bastards.

7. Lol that they all use the same social media management firm.

"Easter worshippers" wtf is that?

IMG_20190421_185957.jpg IMG_20190421_190000.jpg IMG_20190421_190002.jpg IMG_20190421_190004.jpg

8. I'm agnostic, as is my friend in SL, but this kind of misdirection is why we (I'm assuming) have zero faith in the old media.

They are Christians. They have been attacked by Muslims.

It's that simple.

Tell it how it is, or don't tell it at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah I'm atheist myself.. And the obvious anti Christian bias is evident. They won't even say the word.

Obama's tweet after the new Zealand attack.

11034898-6813673-image-a-1_1552656694969.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. So last week we saw the first image of a black hole from another galaxy 55 million light years away. Meanwhile here at home the mono theists are continuing their perpetual war against each other over a man who claims he's the son of God and celebrated on a day that he came back to life after being dead for three days. Just step back and look at that for a moment.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. #12 Vicious, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Islam is a religion of peace. Muslims experiencing backlash from this are the real victims. The victims should go to the local mosque and see that these brothers are no different than us.

What reductionist, nihilistic, fallacious trifle. Good job throwing shade at the "Son of God" and not "Allah's messenger". Easter Worshipers aren't the ones carrying out jihad by any means necessary. Last I checked the conflict isn't "over" Christ whom is also considered a prophet in Islam.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mmmmm. Black holes are beautiful aren't they?

How did I throw shade? Everything I said is true. Perhaps I threw light? Truth at the speed of light that only gravity can slow down.

13. The US and UK react to Saudi Arabian financing of ISIS/Al Qaeda by promoting them to head the UN Human Rights Council.

Until this stops the flow of money and munitions that enables these fanatics won't stop. The US needs to take a long, hard look at itself quickly.

14. The Easter worshippers are Christians again!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Sure is

16. If you purposely avoid the news for a week it will seem unbelievable when you do read into it again... going dark again lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. So Christians are bad and Bunny worshipers are less bad... got it.

18. It's a typical leftist response to mass murder committed by the religion they defend (Islam) against the one they oppose (Christianity). I've seen him and the other radical leftists do this every time Islamic terror or gangrape pops up - then it's time to blame everyone and everything else, it's time for whataboutism, it's time for the 'who really cares about terror anyways', it's time to blame USA, oil corporations, poverty, you name it - I've seen a long line-up of look-the-other-wayism about tragedies like this that go against the dogma of leftist ideology. It's part of what's fuelled the rise of the right. The new 'woke' left can't and won't face the truth that Islam has a massive problem with violence.
    You'd never see him do this if 350 Muslims had been killed in the West by a well-organized network of white supremacists. Then it's time to beat the big war drum - something that should be done in both cases, rather than selectively.

I'd suggest you refrain from the fuck yous though, I feel it too, but it's not going to create a better environment around here. Just ignore the fella.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1