510grow's First Outdoor Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by 510grow, May 16, 2010.

1. #1 510grow, May 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010
    Hey everyone,
    I'm a newbie here and this will be my first ever grow, but all the info i've gotten has been invaluable, can't wait to see how it all turn out, hope you enjoy the journey as well. I'm sure i'll be checking in for help along the way.
    Just got back from the club and potted my three little clones. Sorry for the blur, i was a little rushed earlier.

First up we have the Mazari Shariff

[​IMG]

Next, some Casey Jones

[​IMG]

Lastly, the Blue Dream

[​IMG]

Thanks GC!

2. no love for a newbie? well here's the update regardless, just entering the second week: casey jones and mazari shariff are doing great, blue dream is lagging a bit, but i'm hoping once i start adding ferts it'll spring up. weather has been pretty mixed, can't seem to sustain the sunshine here in the bay area, but the plants are taking it like champs anyway.

thanks for checking it out, feedback is definitely welcome!

Mazari Shariff
    [​IMG]

Casey Jones
    [​IMG]

Blue Dream
    [​IMG]

3. Lookin good dude. I like the way you're growing them. Are all of them clones? What kind of soil are you using?

4. thanks for checkin them out, yeah, all clones from my favorite club here. thankfully i've got a nursery right down the street so they're in Fox Farm Ocean Forest. things are looking promising over on your end too, good luck with the new sprouts...those tomatoes too!

5. Pulling up a chair cant wait to see them Grow...

510 what size pot are u going to be keeping them in,and what fertz do you have for them

6. i'll be keeping an eye on yours as well, look like some beautiful clones.

i've got fix farm big bloom and tiger bloom, looks like i'll need some ph up when i start using the tiger, but we'll see, i'm treading gently my first grow, not a whole lot of additions other than sun and water. just want to get the lay of the land, but so far things are going really smooth

7. Day 13:
    things are looking solid, let me know what you all think. thanks for the help gc!

Casey Jones
    [​IMG]

Mazari Shariff
    [​IMG]

Blue Dream (definitely having a little bit of a struggle, can't tell why, no yellowing though...guess time will tell)
    [​IMG]

8. Looks good. If you haven't you could probably top em a little.

9. NICE ! Alot of perilite.:D

10. thanks. i was thinking about topping the casey and mazari in a couple days, glad to get some consensus on that. think i'm gonna hold off a week on the blue dream, or does it not really matter?

haha, yeah, put a bunch on their to protect the topsoil from the heat...i had a bunch left over. thanks for checking my grow out

11. HHHMMMM thats a good idea I found out today that my soil was cooking in the sun big time my 100 gallon pots soil was way to hot I will try that out nice!

12. damn, must be somewhere real hot to get it cooking like that in such a huge container. try it out and let me know how it goes, saw it on someone else's grow and seemed like a fine idea, whites do reflect that sun.

13. It was 90 out and I couldnt hold my hand in the dirt! crazy

14. I was kinda having the same problem this week Maina'. Fahkin' if you're from where your name makes me think ya ah' bub then we're most definitely in the same neck of the woods. :D

Looks good 510!

15. Well it wasnt the sun cooking my soil it was JUST COOKING :eek: The mix was at 100 Deg. or more in the center of the 100 and 50 gallon pots and it was dark out :( so the plants are out side by the pots some thing to think about and I did bring in 6 CF to cover the tops of the soil in the pots

16. good looks man, b town all day. glad you stopped by, don't know why i didn't post there already, but your tree grow is just excellent. i'm gonna keep my eyes to the sky

crazy maina, hope you get your soil temps down before anything starts to cook in there. i'm rooting for you

17. Day 21:
    So, i never did get around to topping any of them, guess out of fear i might do it wrong--not that it really appears very tricky. Does anyone know if it's too late at this point to top them, in particular the taller guys (Mazari Shariff and Casey Jones)? Anyway, here's a quick window shot, I realize I didn't have any shots to show the scale, more detailed, close-up shots in a few days.

Thanks to everyone who's been watching and helping!

From left to right:Mazari Shariff, Casey Jones, Blue Dream[​IMG]

18. #18 510grow, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
    DAY 28:

So, lots and lots of growth this past week. Even the little Blue Dream plant is starting to spring to life. Casey Jones is getting REALLY tall and the Mazari Shariff looks excellent as well. Starting seeing just a few little bugs, an aphid or two and a tick and one little spider. For now i think things are ok, but i'm planning on grabbing some neem oil soon.

Also, haven't started any ferts yet, don't know how important they really are and was planning on maybe doing this grow without them. It is my very first grow and I think keeping things simple and learning from this is better than going overboard.
    Let me know what you think GC.

Thanks for the feedback!

Casey Jones:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mazari Shariff:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blue Dream:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Day 52:

It's been about a month since i've actually come back and visited (sorry GC :( ) but I felt the need to update now because the plants are looking great!

Having only minor bug problems that neem oil seemed to help immensely as well as only a little yellowing. I've gone these 7 weeks without ferts/nutes, but i think it may be time to consider adding some Phosphorus to the mix since flowering seems imminent. I was thinking of grabbing some Fox Farm Tiger Bloom.

Only issue, and i don't know if it really is, is that the Mazari Shariff seems to be flowering before the other two...not exactly sure what the story with that is and wondered if anyone had any ideas.
    Thanks!

Mazari Shariff
    [​IMG]
    Casey Jones
    [​IMG]
    Blue Dream
    [​IMG]