51% Rate Alcohol More Dangerous Than Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ImTheJoker4u2, Aug 30, 2009.

1. 51% Rate Alcohol More Dangerous Than Marijuana - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

2. 49% of our country is retarded then.

wait nm, probably a lot more actually.

3. Agreed. You can easily kill yourself with alcohol, and it's impossible with cannabis. Do we really need a survey?

4. Something like 83% of statistics are made up on the spot. ;)

5. I see what you did there....

6. This national telephone survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted by Rasmussen Reports August 26-27, 2009. The margin of sampling error for the survey is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence (see methodology).

I am not sure how they can extrapolate the data they got to apply to everybody from just 1000 people.

I understand the concept behind polling, but with all the factors inherit within the process I would think you would need a larger cross-section of people and a certain number from each state to even come close to being accurate with a system like this. There are just too many damn variables.

7. Title should read "49% of americans still stuck in reefer madness quagmire, think it can compare to the massive harm caused by alcohol because they're alcoholic bumpkins"

8. while i do agree that A LOT of people in this country are just downright stupid, I have a problem with what you said there^. I know it's true, but do you think everyone in the country knows thats true? No, they don't, and it doesn't make them stupid, it makes them ignorant.

9. I was going to say, how can anybody think cannabis is more dangerous than alcohol? Alcohol leads people to violent behavior, damages nearly every organ, and can cause death quite easily. If you smoke cannabis all your life, you will experience very little negative effects, and depending on the amount of use, even some positive benefits. People really need to get educated!

10. To some people, ignorance is bliss:eek:

11. or uneducated on the subject matter. There's just so much propaganda going on with marijuana that it just supersedes the issue of alcoholism in this country. Alcohol after all is socially accepted.

12. Not to mention morally:rolleyes:
    Holy wine anyone??