51,000 pot plants found in northcentral Washington

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by jus10, Aug 31, 2009.

1. WINTHROP, WASH. Drug task force investigators have reported the discovery of 51,000 marijuana plants at five sites in northcentral Washington.
    Okanogan County Frank T. Rogers says 30,000 pot plants were removed Tuesday from four sites in the Methow Valley. Three people were arrested at a site near Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop.
    Meanwhile, Colville tribal police asked for help in finding whoever was growing more than 21,000 marijuana plants on the reservation.

Tribal police were joined by police from Republic and Spokane, Border Patrol and FBI agents and sheriff's deputies from three counties in an eradication effort that began Tuesday. The pot was valued at about $21 million.

The Bellingham Herald / Northwest / 51,000 pot plants found in northcentral Washington

2. Holy shit.

3. 21 million dollars just gone... 51,000 plants gone...

4. Plus however much it cost to get all of those police agencies to go and rip out those plants, massive environmental destruction, ect.

It is so stupid.

5. Exactly. All the colabs they had going with different agencies and the FBI...

6. Well no wonder there is global warming! Cops pulling out thousands of oxygen producing; co2 destroying plants! They're doing this all the time too! If they would only let them grow, perhaps we would have less of a carbon footprint :rolleyes:

7. And they usually burn it on top of all that.

8. Well it was going to get burned one way or another. The only difference being, that if you let the plants mature, the oxygen they expelled into the atmosphere should offset a healthy portion of the pollution from smoking it. :D;):rolleyes:

9. 51,000 plants down, billions more to go!

10. It's times like these I'm glad I have a private and secure supply.

11. I live In WA state and there has been so many outdoor busts this year its rediculous. This is like the 4th 50 000 plant + crop thats been seized :(

12. Yea I recently posted about a 21,000 plant bust.
    It sucks..

13. part of that 21 mil shit could have gone to the state exchequer....what a waste

14. #14 The Budmaster, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
    21 million?

Even a conservative estimate puts the value of those plants at almost 250 million... and the real value is probably above 500 million (assuming the plants weren't just barely surviving).

How do you trim that many plants?

-The Budmaster

15. The article said 21 million so I was quoting that. And I have no idea how you trim that many lol. Lots of $$$ for lots of people.

16. I wonder if the prohibitinists are saying, "well they could have been working on counter terrorism, but at least those pot plants are gone."