503(c) Non-Profit organization idea

Discussion in 'Politics' started by maveric7383, Feb 11, 2010.

1. #1 maveric7383, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010
    So I was sitting around reading the local paper, the city I live in has shut off 1/3 of it's street lights, stopped maintaining the parks and rec areas, I wonder if they are still paying the director of parks and rec 103-140k a year. the city is selling the helicopter, closed a few fire stations,the list goes on and on. Now this non-profit organization can accept money from anyone or any business, and little or as much as they want. At the end of the year the donation they made can be used as a tax write-off. think about it..... This organization, could have solar power street lights installed, get the parks cleaned up, buy a school and pay some teachers a decent wage, etc etc. The 503(c) organization can pay a respectable wage for an employee or hire a company to perform work or services. -- please correct me if im wrong. the company could be banking off-shore, no way for the gov to seize any money. As long as the organization stays honest and does the right thing it could be interesting to say the least. help the homeless since they banned tent city here... if you have no where to live wtf are you going to do? People need help and everyone makes mistakes. Check out the prison video. I could go on an on but I hope you get the idea.

2. This makes no sense... where would the money come from?

And why would a 501(c)(3) be needed?

3. #3 maveric7383, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010
    it has to be a 501(c)(3) So people or a company can donate to the organization. At the end of the year the person or company can write off the donation on their taxes. Does that make sense? If this organization was started for profit it would never work. However the organization can save the money if its not needed and keep a budget but it goes hand in hand with helping others.

4. Why not just let people give more money to the government?

People can write an extra-large check to City Hall if they want. Or we could do the fair thing and punish those damn rich people and businesses for causing all the problems in the world and raise taxes on them.

5. they could do that, but the people in office waste too much money on b.s. and outrageous wages.