500+ Person Snowball Fight at University of Maryland

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ThePhantom, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Today I had the craziest snowball fight of my life. Today, in front of our main library (McKeldin), hundreds of people gathered for a Facebook-organized snowball fight. I went from 1:00 to 3:00, and it was absolutely insane. I got hit in the face around four times, and got a few headshots myself. I also hit this big black guy in the nuts with an iceball, and he chased me but I got away.

In addition to being intense, it was hilarious. There was one guy who was playing without a shirt, and another guy who had lost his shirt and pants and was running around in his boxers. I only saw the latter guy for like two minutes, because I just saw him running down towards the end of the field almost completely naked, with at least 100 people chasing him. It was crazy, he just didn't stop running, and he managed to outrun everyone. He didn't come back.

It's hard to describe how awesome it was, but it was a combination of action and a little bit of humor. In any case, I am still sore from it and will be for some time, as not only did I get hit by many snowballs, but there was a lot of tackling going on too. A lot.

2. nice was there like music playing too?
    any yt vids?

3. Holy crap, there is! I would have never thought to look, thanks for the suggestion. Here we are:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zcIbpogK88]YouTube - UMD Snowball Fight[/ame]

4. why does he gotta be black.

5. Because it's funnier duh, black people are just so fucking funny to mess with! Fuck you racist, I'm black!

6. This has got to be the most awesome thing.
    I can imagine, being extremely fried. In the middle of all that.. having no idea whats going on :smoke:

7. that is awesome

8. nice, go terps!
    there was a giant snow ball fight down in dc at dupont circle yesterday at 2. good shit.

9. Yeah, I've heard about these multithousand people snowball fights. That is even more insane. However, this was still pretty nice. I wasn't high, but it was still amazing.

10. My buddy had one down at University of Iowa.. had over 1,000 people and was covered by their local news station.

11. He doesn't. But in this case he was.

That looks awesome. Here at Rutgers we didn't get as much snow as you guys (a little under a foot) but we still had some fun snowball fights.

12. this is hella true.lol

and OP that sounds like a lot of fun knowing me id throw the yellow snowball though

13. That look's sooo fun! Damn i love snowball fights but the biggest iv had was probably 100-150 people at my secondary school.

14. lol i seen this on the news, i wish i could have went