500 bong suggestions

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ScotchnCoke, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Damn man, you have an amazing collection. Which is your daily driver? or do you change it up heaps?

2. #62 glass666shogun, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    [quote name="ScotchnCoke" post="19468286" timestamp="1391583667"]Damn man, you have an amazing collection. Which is your daily driver? or do you change it up heaps?[/quote] I like to change it up now, and again. But recently I've been using my stemline a lot. I always like the pyrology. And the bio mini beaker is basically an exact copy of the bent one I had in that pic. So those three get used very frequently. Probably the stemline though lol to give you an actual answer to your question. My wife likes to use them all so I'm constantly cleaning them hahaha kinda bugs me, but whatever. They are, after all, meant to be used. My toro circ to froth shrub was my daily before it met an unfortunate fate a few months ago... Also, thank you for the compliment brother :) Didn't mean to be rude. Kinda fucked up right now lolSent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

That's awesome that your wife smokes too, Living the dream mate... You weren't rude at all man. we had good conversation and I know exactly what you meant :)

Nice set of glass man.  You might want to consider starting to trade up.  My collection started out like yours but I've traded off a lot of my old stuff, added cash on top and now not only do I like my collection more but I now have things that I can trade for much headier stuff.  The problem with having a lot of production tubes that aren't rare is that nobody is going to trade a 1500 dollar coyle collab munny for 5 toros even though the value of all 5 toros would be close to 2k.  But a more rare heady rig that's worth 1000, throw in another 500 and you might be able to get that coyle.  It just opens up your trade options.

I'm still kicking myself, had a chance to score a sovereignty hollowfoot straight-inv-4 but missed out.

Right now I'm looking at the prices for coyle munny collabs, dunnys, and elbo dinos but I'd have to nearly clear out my collection for some of those pieces.

I can't sell my Klein torus cause I love it too much but I have a fab egg, ms mini bub, toro froth-froth, and my sov og pillar.  I could probably get a little over 4k for all that...sad to say but I think that'd only get me 1 or 2 of the pieces I really want.

5. #65 glass666shogun, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    Thanks man.Yeah... I hear ya though. There's a few pieces I wouldn't mind letting go of, I'm just not sure how to sell them? I don't have a lot of cash to throw around either. A good amount of those pieces I have payed off over time. Bit by bit, because my LHS let's you put a down payment on stuff (30% deposit) and gives you six months to pay off the whole piece. So I doubt a private seller would wanna do that lol. I would definitely like to have at least one heady piece in my collection one day. But I'm still a big fan of scientific glass. Even though it doesn't demand the kind of money that heady glass like Joe Peters, Snic, and elbo etc. does.

It is funny that five toros are the same price as a coyle, or elbo dino, but obviously a heady collector doesn't want five toros. Otherwise they would have bought five toros. But if you have old school toro they can be worth a few bucks. To bad you couldn't score that old school sg though. That would be a cool piece to have in any collection.

I've seen your collection as well man, and I must say that you have some killer glass. Definitely good to know that you started off in a similar fashion as I have while collecting glass. Gives me hope lol

That klein is really nice. I've had my eye on a MS for quite some time. I can see why you don't wanna sell it. Hopefully you can add some heady glass to your collection soon.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Yeah it's pretty nice having someone to toke with all the time lol I still enjoy my solitary bakes though. I forgot to say thanks for complimenting my collection the first time around. Hence my apology. But I'm glad to see ye weren't offended. And we definitely have some killer conversations on here!

7. Yeah, I'll always be a fan of just clean nice scientific glass.  That's pretty awesome your lhs lets you pay in installments.  The shop I use all the time does that too.

Yeah, kicking myself over that hollowfoot though.  But I still have an OG straight pillar ATM, but I'm thinking about maybe selling it if I can get something nice and heady.  I already know a guy to sell it to who has a nice sov collection so it'd go to a sov collector which is nice.  Plus he offered me quite a bit more than what I paid for it, profit is always nice.

I might try to trade my mothership mini bub for an evol dabuccino, or sell it and then go buy one.  I need to take a trip to my lhs first though, those dabuccinos go for around 700 new and I could buy one online but my lhs usually takes the tax off, and gives me a 20% discount on anything I buy.  (nice to be a regular lol).

If you just do the research, which it seems you do, then you'll be fine with your collection.  My rule is that if something rare is coming out of my collection, something equally hard to find has to go back in.  You just don't want to start selling your stuff and all of the sudden you look in your closet and you have a HiSi bubbler, and a grav labs tube left.

What's on your realistic wishlist, and what's on your unrealistic one?

My Realistic (somewhat lol) wish list:

Coyle or Drock munny
    elbo dino
    Evol dabuccino
    Saki bomb hello kitty slide
    Micro mini tube or something nintendo themed from micro

Totally unrealistic wish list:
    Capn Crunk X Micro Bowser Dunny (thing was at HPG before, SICK, I think it was like 8k though lol)
    Any capn Crunk Dunny
    Erik anders collab microscope recycler (I work in a lab so this would fit me like a glove....6k though)
    Mothership worked egg or worked klein.. probably 10K for this stuff.

8. #68 glass666shogun, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    Yeah I've been going to the same shop for 8 years now. Being a preferred customer is really nice lol I don't pay tax, and if I spend enough they always throw in some nice freebies, or a price reduction. Must be sweet getting that 20% discount man!

To bad you weren't able to get the SG hollowfoot. That would have been a really nice scoop. To bad things don't always work out in your favor. I've had more than a few pieces I really wanted walk out before I could call dibs/ buy it lol Such is life. Sounds like if you decide to sell your OG SG the guy won't screw you over. Be nice if you could pick up something heady to replace such an epic SG.

Those dabuccinos look fly. They have a worked one on dablab right now with krusty on it lol I would love that. To bad it's $1,750...

I hear ya though. Don't want to sell three quarters of my collection without having anything I want to replace them. I hope I can find a way to sell some of my pieces I don't use frequently, to get something I would really like to see in my collection. Hell even if I sold four or, five things, then payed the rest off in cash I would be happy.

As for my realistic/ unrealistic dream pieces that's a tough one lmao...

Realistic collection:

SALT creature oil rig/ mini tube
    Joe Peters (anything under $3000)
    Toro micro froth to froth slyme work
    SG hollowfoot peyote pillar (dream piece)

Totally unrealistic:

Joe PetersxBanjo colab honey bee queen $30,000! That's if I ever won a ten million lotto, or something ahaha
    Mothership large fab egg worked (preferably slyme)
    Anything by AK with a good amount of work
    And the creature SALT made last year that won the FlameOff

9. #69 glass666shogun, Feb 6, 2014
    That's the piece that SALT made which won him first place at the Degenerate Flame Off last year! I would do unspeakable things to own this bombastic monstrous nightmare

Attached Files:

10. If I get sick of my froth to froth, I guess I know who to contact, it's slyme BTW

11. #71 Rochester, Feb 6, 2014
    Can't go with with an SG King Stemline that is if you can your hands on one check out aqualab and browse their selection.

12. SG stem to 8/5 or whatever it is now and spend the $100 left over on a nice ash catcher or bowl. That's my plan.

13. #73 glass666shogun, Feb 6, 2014
    You know it! I don't mean to be rude/ intrusive, but did you buy it from Liquid Chrome about a year and a half, maybe two years ago?

14. not at all. I got it used, I basically traded my mighty mucus 7/13 double micro for it.  

Wait till you see what I might be getting....fuck that dabaccino...well actually I still want one but I'm eyeing up something a little bigger for now.  Just need to figure out what I'm going to sell....sigh...that's the worst part.  

15. True I only ask because as I mentioned before, I wanted your exact piece but, "settled" on the circ to froth shrub lol But when I went in to pick it out, someone had bought it! I was just wondering if it was you! Haha jk. That would have been a strange one though. Then again they are "production" pieces.

I'm interested in seeing/ hearing what you plan on getting. You definitely have an awesome taste in glass, so I'm sure it won't disappoint. The dabuccinos are cool for the price. Good start to any heady glass collection. I can only imagine how hard it can be choosing what piece you have to sell/ trade. What are you thinking about getting though?

16. Someone is selling salt tubes around 6-700 on nuggetry, but they aren't rigs.  I love the workmanship but the Salt stuff just isn't my style.  I'm not into the creepy stuff, more into happy cutesy stuff like micro's nintendo themed stuff, saki bomb hello kitty...what I really want is a badtz maru themed piece, he's one pissed off sanrio lol.

17. Man if I didn't have my money tied up in two other pieces/ could sell some of my collection, I would be all over that. I love SALT! He was the first heady artist I ever bought from, and he never ceases to blow my mind. I don't get a lot of concentrates where I live so that's no bother at all lol I'm a metal head \\m/ So his deformed, monstrous mentality/ work is right in my ball park.

Saki bomb does some outstandingly clean work! She can make fruit parfaits that look edible and, smoke tastic all day.

18. Buy a nice vaporizer instead

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

19. check out kim zii.  newer artist, I saw some of her stuff on hpg and glasspipes.org  Pretty sick, she started in 09 I think.  

20. Used full size toro circ circ, circ-13 or 9-13 with no color should run you around $500

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum