500 bong suggestions

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ScotchnCoke, Jan 27, 2014.

1. I haven't hit a stem-8 but just from looking at the 65T and stem-8 I'd assume they'd hit really different.  I'd consider the 65T stereomatrix to be high diffusion (probably only second in the amount of diffusion to a frit perc) whereas I'd consider a stem 8 to be on the lower end of diffusion (low to moderate due to having 2 percs, though neither are highly diffusing).

If I were looking at those 2 and didn't have a chance to try them, I'd probably lean towards the sov.  The matrix ...some love it, others don't.  Not a ton of middle ground.  Whereas with a stem 8, I assume it hits much more like a normal bong so while some folks might not like it as much as other pieces, I don't generally hear any complaints about them.  The only complaint I've heard with stereomatrix is that some think it diffuses too much.

Goldstein frit percs are the same way...love em or hate em, not a lot of people are in the middle on those.  So if you can't easily resell the piece or return or try them, I think the sov is probably the way to go....unless you also want to dab out of it...those full size sovs are pretty big for dabs.

Oh and it's almost impossible to get pillars/stem8s from ALT.  You pretty much have to visit the page within 5 minutes of them listing it.  They have a rss feed you should subscribe to cause they'll let you know when they are getting new stuff in.  But literally I've heard of people sitting on their computers refreshing their browser over and over just to get a pillar. 

I've tried and didn't like a carbon filter.  it removes so much of the taste from the weed, and it's an annoyance.  I've bought ashcatchers, perc'd ashcatchers, carbon filters, etc...at the end of the day, I'd prefer to save my money and get another tube.  I think it's better to just get a tube you love, once you have a tube you love, adding crap to it changes the way it hits, changes the drag, the diffusion....so why would I find a tube I love and then change all of its characteristics?  You want to add volume...get a bigger tube, you want smoother, get a perc that diffuses more.  All these attachments do for me, is add to the number of things I have to clean.

The best use for an ashcatcher IMO is if you have a smaller piece that is good for oil but too harsh for flower.  I'd then use the ashcatcher to increase the volume and diffusion so it works better for flowers... But like I said, better to have an oil rig and a flower tube separate (flower tubes require a lot more cleaning, oil basically vaporizes when it hits the nail so you don't have a bunch of ash and reclaim actually makes it taste better IMO.

2. Thanks for the replies, I just ordered a Möbius 65t... Done a lot of research and it comes up as one of the best flower tubes on the market and considering there are no dabs in Australia I think I've made the right choice for me... Thanks again for the suggestions!Irritated when I'm not sedated.

3. [quote name="ScotchnCoke" post="19430587" timestamp="1391030658"]Thanks for the replies, I just ordered a Möbius 65t... Done a lot of research and it comes up as one of the best flower tubes on the market and considering there are no dabs in Australia I think I've made the right choice for me... Thanks again for the suggestions!Irritated when I'm not sedated.[/quote] Think you made a good choice man. Definitely not a bad piece to add to your collection! Congrats on your purchase. Hopefully it makes its way to your door quickly, and safely. It's always hard picking a new piece. But you narrowed it down to two very nice bongs. May your tokes be hearty, and smooth! Lol cheers man.Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #44 glass666shogun, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    [quote name="mogwi411" post="19430498" timestamp="1391029830"]I haven't hit a stem-8 but just from looking at the 65T and stem-8 I'd assume they'd hit really different. I'd consider the 65T stereomatrix to be high diffusion (probably only second in the amount of diffusion to a frit perc) whereas I'd consider a stem 8 to be on the lower end of diffusion (low to moderate due to having 2 percs, though neither are highly diffusing).If I were looking at those 2 and didn't have a chance to try them, I'd probably lean towards the sov. The matrix ...some love it, others don't. Not a ton of middle ground. Whereas with a stem 8, I assume it hits much more like a normal bong so while some folks might not like it as much as other pieces, I don't generally hear any complaints about them. The only complaint I've heard with stereomatrix is that some think it diffuses too much.Goldstein frit percs are the same way...love em or hate em, not a lot of people are in the middle on those. So if you can't easily resell the piece or return or try them, I think the sov is probably the way to go....unless you also want to dab out of it...those full size sovs are pretty big for dabs.Oh and it's almost impossible to get pillars/stem8s from ALT. You pretty much have to visit the page within 5 minutes of them listing it. They have a rss feed you should subscribe to cause they'll let you know when they are getting new stuff in. But literally I've heard of people sitting on their computers refreshing their browser over and over just to get a pillar. I've tried and didn't like a carbon filter. it removes so much of the taste from the weed, and it's an annoyance. I've bought ashcatchers, perc'd ashcatchers, carbon filters, etc...at the end of the day, I'd prefer to save my money and get another tube. I think it's better to just get a tube you love, once you have a tube you love, adding crap to it changes the way it hits, changes the drag, the diffusion....so why would I find a tube I love and then change all of its characteristics? You want to add volume...get a bigger tube, you want smoother, get a perc that diffuses more. All these attachments do for me, is add to the number of things I have to clean.The best use for an ashcatcher IMO is if you have a smaller piece that is good for oil but too harsh for flower. I'd then use the ashcatcher to increase the volume and diffusion so it works better for flowers... But like I said, better to have an oil rig and a flower tube separate (flower tubes require a lot more cleaning, oil basically vaporizes when it hits the nail so you don't have a bunch of ash and reclaim actually makes it taste better IMO.[/quote] Since my ashcatcher broke I have actually been enjoying the way all my pieces hit without it. An AC does add extra drag, and diffusion. For smaller pieces like you said, something that is supposed to be for oil, they're good to have to turn it into a flower piece. But you're right. It's always a good idea to have a pieces, or pieces for flower, and a separate one for your oils. I always try to find pieces can be used for both lol Kill two birds woth one stone. But I have at least three pieces that are just for flower, would never use them for oil. And two that are straight oil rigs. As for carb filters I can live without them. They definitely reduce your flavor. I've had three all of which are busted now, and I don't miss them. They're a pain to clean, and I find they alter the function of perced pieces more than a decently diffused AC. The way I see I see it is don't be lazy, and clean your bongs! If you pay for a nice piece keep it clean, and you won't need to worry about it getting super dirty. Buy a bottle of Grunge Off lol it does all the work for you. But I think the OP made a good choice. Definitely had it narrowed down to a couple of great choices. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #45 glass666shogun, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    Uhh

6. [quote name="glass666shogun" post="19430749" timestamp="1391032823"]Think you made a good choice man. Definitely not a bad piece to add to your collection! Congrats on your purchase. Hopefully it makes its way to your door quickly, and safely. It's always hard picking a new piece. But you narrowed it down to two very nice bongs. May your tokes be hearty, and smooth! Lol cheers man.Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Thanks man! Pay day came pretty early so I'm thinking about buying a sov a bit down the track to add to my collection.It's my room mates birthday next week and he is in dire need of a new piece so I was thinking about buying this for him, it's only 130 from my local head shop what do you think?? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391049692.923987.jpg Irritated when I'm not sedated.

7. with 500 to drop on a bong I'd prob try and find some kind of local glass sculpture artist and ask them to commission a totally one of kind custom one for me. like with just the right paint job and size and stuff.

just an idea. you'd probably wanna buy the downpipes and stuff separately first and then get them to build around it so they can be easily removed/replaced instead of trying to hunt for spare parts which won't fit.

you get something totally unique and you support a local artist :cool:

8. [quote name="ScotchnCoke" post="19432377" timestamp="1391049701"]Thanks man! Pay day came pretty early so I'm thinking about buying a sov a bit down the track to add to my collection.It's my room mates birthday next week and he is in dire need of a new piece so I was thinking about buying this for him, it's only 130 from my local head shop what do you think??[​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391049692.923987.jpgIrritated when I'm not sedated.[/quote] dude yes that is sick. I thought it was gonna be way more than that. I'd get itSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. [quote name="SpungeBong" post="19432449" timestamp="1391050459"]with 500 to drop on a bong I'd prob try and find some kind of local glass sculpture artist and ask them to commission a totally one of kind custom one for me. like with just the right paint job and size and stuff.just an idea. you'd probably wanna buy the downpipes and stuff separately first and then get them to build around it so they can be easily removed/replaced instead of trying to hunt for spare parts which won't fit.you get something totally unique and you support a local artist :cool:[/quote]I would of loved to do this but there's no glass artists that make bongs here. I'd love to get one made as I have some awesome ideas. Maybe next time in the US :)Irritated when I'm not sedated.

10. [STUPID_THEROEIS]Please keep in mind that bubble stacking isn't really worth that much if the bubbles don't stack on a normal strength draw. I only think stacking is functional if the smoke passes through the stack.[/STUPID_THEROEIS] Most of the times though I only see stacking when clearing the bong and pretty shitty stacking on normal pulls. That SGW Waffle did how ever produce some nice stacks even when milking it.

11. [quote name="ScotchnCoke" post="19432377" timestamp="1391049701"]Thanks man! Pay day came pretty early so I'm thinking about buying a sov a bit down the track to add to my collection.It's my room mates birthday next week and he is in dire need of a new piece so I was thinking about buying this for him, it's only 130 from my local head shop what do you think??[​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391049692.923987.jpgIrritated when I'm not sedated.[/quote] I wouldn't mind getting that for my birthday lol That's a killer gift manSent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. [quote name="koruptyg" post="19436248" timestamp="1391109355"][STUPID_THEROEIS]Please keep in mind that bubble stacking isn't really worth that much if the bubbles don't stack on a normal strength draw. I only think stacking is functional if the smoke passes through the stack.[/STUPID_THEROEIS] Most of the times though I only see stacking when clearing the bong and pretty shitty stacking on normal pulls. That SGW Waffle did how ever produce some nice stacks even when milking it.[/quote] Yup. That's why I can't wait to get mine. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. They both arrived today! Thanks for the suggestions guys! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391575751.471128.jpg Irritated when I'm not sedated.

14. Those look sick cant wait for my syn to get here have toking with 65t 

15. #55 glass666shogun, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    [quote name="ScotchnCoke" post="19467782" timestamp="1391575756"]They both arrived today! Thanks for the suggestions guys![​IMG] ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391575751.471128.jpgIrritated when I'm not sedated.[/quote] Top notch man!!!! Glass is looking super clean/ fresh. Enjoy lol Ohhhh man... So sick. I never order online, because I always hit my LHS, but I would love to receive such packages in the mail/ at my door step one day. So slick!Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. True, I would love a local head shop that carried quality branded glass... Maybe some day, although they did an amazing job at shipping to Australia... it only took like 4 or 5 days?? very impressed.

17. [quote name="glass666shogun" post="19467926" timestamp="1391577984"]Top notch man!!!! Glass is looking super clean/ fresh. Enjoy lol Ohhhh man... So sick. I never order online, because I always hit my LHS, but I would love to receive such packages in the mail/ at my door step one day. So slick!Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Hey man I was wondering, what's your collection like man? You seek very enthusiastic about glass more so than I! I like reading your posts :)Irritated when I'm not sedated.

18. #58 glass666shogun, Feb 5, 2014
    [quote name="ScotchnCoke" post="19468130" timestamp="1391580539"]Hey man I was wondering, what's your collection like man? You seek very enthusiastic about glass more so than I! I like reading your posts :)Irritated when I'm not sedated.[/quote] I like my glass lol I lied... I LOVE glass. I will openly admit I dont know everything there is to know about glass, because my local community is not overly informed. I spend a good amount of time talking to the owner/ associates at my LHS discussing glass, and artists. But glass is a big passion for me. My collection as it stands is: three (no name) American made pieces, consisting of a: 20" beaker with a Sheldon Black 17 hole downstem. Double chamber bubbler, external downstem inline, to a four arm tree perc.And a five slit stemline that stands about 14" in height. A bio mini beaker with a hoss downstem to a inverted circ perc.Two Hi Si pieces, a standard beaker, and a multi changeable bubbler. Both of which are amazing for the price.An ehle double downstem straight tube. Largest piece at 2+ feet in height.zob 14" beaker, with a roor downstem.Pyrology "the stew".Leisure sidecar ten arm tree perc oil rig.And another no name oild rig. Standard set-up. And my one of a kind SALT slideI'm also waiting on my sgw waffle perc straight tube. And my toro ISF macro XL can. If I had better luck I would have a few more to name, but I've lost a solid amount of glass due to super shitty accidents... Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #60 glass666shogun, Feb 5, 2014
    That is the most recent pic I have of my collection. A few things are missing, and I know my SALT is broken. Hoping to get that fixed soon. And of course there are two things that have yet to join the collection. But that is what I gots for now lol I know my shit isn't the best, but I take glass seriously, and every journey must have a beginning right?Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files: