500 bong suggestions

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ScotchnCoke, Jan 27, 2014.

1. #21 ScotchnCoke, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    [quote name="glass666shogun" post="19420946" timestamp="1390894101"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSl4ZeTNiPs That's the sgw waffle perc (straight tube) I did a lot of research, and asking around. From what I've heard they're tight as hell! Imagine that with a solid ashcatcher?! Or even if you toss a slick bowl on that thing. You'll be the envy of all your mates. $300 for the piece, another $175 for a super sick bowl. You're toking in style my friend. Only suggestions though... Not sure how you feel about spending over a hundy on a slide, but it will surely accent the piece nicely. Amazing scientific function, coupled with some heady glass art! Why not? Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Damn! That beast stacks! Will definitely consider it! Thanks man! Always wanted to buy one of those fritted slides. Will do dome more research thanks again :)Really digging the slide too... You have good taste.

2. #22 glass666shogun, Jan 28, 2014
    [quote name="ScotchnCoke" post="19421187" timestamp="1390898235"]Damn! That beast stacks! Will definitely consider it! Thanks man! Always wanted to buy one of those fritted slides. Will do dome more research thanks again :)[/quote] No worries man. Hope you find what you're looking for. Thank you for the compliment as well. Much appreciatedSent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #23 ScotchnCoke, Jan 28, 2014
    Theres a Sovereignty 50 x 5 Gline Straight on ALT for 340... What are your thoughts on that man? I was originally going to get the tree perc one but its always sold out and I don't know if its even worth the extra 200? 

EDIT: I guesss the extra line acts as another diffuser. Very interested in this piece... anyone used or know someone who has used one? 

4. #24 ScotchnCoke, Jan 28, 2014
    Double post

5. #25 glass666shogun, Jan 28, 2014
    The stem to 8 is constantly sold out because people hold it to the same level of the peyote pillar. Which would be SG's two most popular designs. The 50x5 Gline straight is a nice piece. Ive never hit one, but a guy at my LHS has one, and it's his daily driver. $340 is a solid price as well.Edit: You can never really go wrong with sovereignty. They're a top notch company that has left it's mark on the glass industry. When my LHS first started getting sg in about two years ago, they couldn't keep them om the shelf. Their reputation definitely precedes them.Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. You have good taste in glass my friend lol What's your collection like? Just to stray off topic a bitSent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #27 ScotchnCoke, Jan 28, 2014
    I think you just made up my mind about the Straight g line, I've always loved the simplicity of a straight pipe as I don't like drag at all.Thanks for the compliment man :) my collection isn't very impressive as I live in Australia and shipping is pricey as hell, I only have been smoking out of glass for about 15 months now, prior to that it was papers for years, head shops are pretty scarce around here and a lot of them sell trashy Pyrex bongs with metal stems/cones... It's pretty much my dream to move to Colorado right now or at least visit.I have a .de 7mm Roor ice slider which was my favourite tube of all time, it taught me you don't need much water or percs to have smooth hits, sadly it was damaged last week but I think it can be repaired as it's just the joint, I've contacted roor I just have to wait for a reply. I also have a Blaze Glass shower head bubbler which I bought when I was living in Texas, I got a Molino Mad Scientist V4 for my birthday which was my first bong.

8. Oh and I got this little guy which is always in my backpack wherever I go. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390936252.371352.jpg Irritated when I'm not sedated.

9. I don't think you'll regret the sg man. I have never really heard a bad thing about any of their pieces.Yeah no worries man. I don't mind giving credit when credit is due. Sounds like you have a decent collection of glass though. I've heard it's next to impossible to find brand name glass in Australia. Without paying an arm and a leg for delivery like you said. Sucks to hear about your Roor though. Hopefully you can get it fixedSent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I was probably being defensive as someone who has spent a lot of money on glass (few thousand) and have endured the criticisms for it.  If your intent was more innocent toward the OP, I apologize.

I graduated college in 2000 and have worked in science research since then so suffice to say that internet is a neccessity in my job and for a lot of jobs but there are other ways to access the internet than an ipad.  A laptop offers so much more functionality in terms of cpu power, and real full version programs.  The ipad is convenient and you're willing to pay for that convenience for the form factor, ease of use,etc.  But if you couldn't afford an ipad, do you think you'd really do poorly in school just because of that or would you just do what you had to do....use the schools computer labs, borrow a lap top from the university library, go to the school library to get your work done?

My first post was just a jab...you asked why op would spend 500 on a bong...my answer would've been, cause I wanted it.
    The question why do you need an ipad, I was assuming the answer would've been, I wanted one. 

11. [quote name="glass666shogun" post="19420946" timestamp="1390894101"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSl4ZeTNiPs That's the sgw waffle perc (straight tube) I did a lot of research, and asking around. From what I've heard they're tight as hell! Imagine that with a solid ashcatcher?! Or even if you toss a slick bowl on that thing. You'll be the envy of all your mates. $300 for the piece, another $175 for a super sick bowl. You're toking in style my friend. Only suggestions though... Not sure how you feel about spending over a hundy on a slide, but it will surely accent the piece nicely. Amazing scientific function, coupled with some heady glass art! Why not? Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]Holy fuck, I was about to buy the mobius, now I have second guesesSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. But anyways, another really good competitor with the Stem 8 is the Mobius 65T Stereo Matrix. Some like this more than the Stem, some don't. Some say this has less drag, others don't. Only thing forsure is that it's not Sold out, and goes for $480.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. [quote name="TetrHydrCann" post="19426343" timestamp="1390966919"]But anyways, another really good competitor with the Stem 8 is the Mobius 65T Stereo Matrix. Some like this more than the Stem, some don't. Some say this has less drag, others don't. Only thing forsure is that it's not Sold out, and goes for $480.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote] I've always liked mobious. The 65T looks like it functions really well, and it looks amazing. The problem with likes and dislikes is that they're based upon opinion, and hear say. At the end of the day you have to come up with your own lol But I know that ya mean man. That doesn't seem like a bad compromise to the stem8Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. [quote name="TetrHydrCann" post="19426317" timestamp="1390966578"]Holy fuck, I was about to buy the mobius, now I have second guesesSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote] Hey man lol killer diffusion and it's cheaper than mobious. I bought one because the owner of my LHS dropped the tag by $50 and they don't carry/ get many mobious pieces in. For $300 can you really complain? Not to mention about 99% of people who own one love themSent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. That Mobius looks pretty amazing. For some reason I am attracted to the SG straight tube. I'd love to buy a Stem8 but I don't see when they will be back in stock, the Straight g line is a bit cheaper and looks like it stacks well with the two lines... It's just so hard to make a decision lol. 

16. #37 ScotchnCoke, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    REALLY digging that straight tube. Might buy that and ad a carbon filter on it.

17. [quote name="ScotchnCoke" post="19427747" timestamp="1390981410"]REALLY digging that straight tube. Might buy that and ad a carbon filter on it.[/quote] Go for the sg man. That thing looks super clean. Carb filter is a good idea as well. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I have a mobius matrix bubbler and it's amazing. So much better than a tube, I think. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. #40 glass666shogun, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    [quote name="fatnorma" post="19429927" timestamp="1391023917"]I have a mobius matrix bubbler and it's amazing. So much better than a tube, I think. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote] I miss my matrix lol Really wish I didn't drop a heavy ass shot glass on it. Oh and the salt slide that was in it... that was a bad day. I really like sg stems though. They are very consistent, and those things stack for days!Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app