50-100 plant irrigation system

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BlowTrees, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Hey so I am looking into growing roughly 50-100 plants in a field in front of my house and was wondering what sort of watering system i could implement. never done any sort of outdoor growing only indoor, is there still a way to have the watering on timers and what not? let me know what you think thanks

2. Get a hose pokes some holes on it and put a cap on it. Turn it on for like 10 min a day.

3. Do yourself a big favor and spend a few bucks at your local hardware store on some proper drip watering equipment.

It's really not very expensive, it's easy as hell to set up, and it will give you proper control over your watering with minimal effort. To make it even easier, they sell kits with instructions meant for setting it up for your yard, I use the stuff in my vegetable garden. You can even get the stuff to use the same system to handle your fertilization automatically.

4. I think that running a hose to your plante to supply a wateing system is as good an idea as putting a neon sign above them reading: MY WEED GROWN HERE. but if you must do it I would consider a soaker hose from the local hardware. just turn it on and off as needed. outdoor drip irrigation can be a good thing but cheap and effective always does it for me. Run regular hoseout to them and put a short soaker at the end.

5. To properly do that many plants you NEED a drip system. Research it a bit and you should be fine it is not that hard to figure out. For than many plants you will need to break it into "zones." Also figure out how much water pressure you have to work with this will help you figure out how many emitters you can run in each zone. Invest in a good timer and a good quality filter to keep the lines clean too; you won't regret it.

Do two separate systems if you plan on doing your fertilizer like this too - you do NOT want to end up with a clogged water system 4 weeks before harvest which WILL happen if you run both through one system. If you can burry your main lines too; keeping the cooler will help with salt build up and make them last longer before they start to clog.

Oh, and soaker hoses suck IMHO. Very inaccurate - you are better off using a different type of emitter like laser line.