5 X fem trainwreck 5 X afghan and 3 X bubblegum CFL grow and HPS flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cape town growe, Feb 1, 2011.

1. are you planning on keeping them in those pots and starting flowering soon? i have the same pots and have been wondering if id get a bigger yield if i grew that many and kept them small under the same lights. or ya think one or two big ones would yield more then like 10 or 12 in those size pots?

2. Iv got very limted space at the moment so my thaught was grow many in smaller pots and flower small that way I don't need intense light to surround a massive bush. I think even with them being small I should get a descent yeild with 8-10 plants. I have the 250 watt HPS I can't go bigger it shows up and u get busy in less than a week around here. With that I be able to flower all the small plants at once with enough light. But I'm thinking of transplanting 1 afghan 1 bubblegum and 1 trainwreck into my hydro pots and leaving them to veg for another month or so and have 3-4 nice big plants and see the diff. I'm gonna be building a grow box soon then I can start flowering the HPS is just to hot for my closet I can't cut holes I'm renting.

3. Ok the plants have been flowering for the last week now. The bubblegum are all female they getting nice little bud spots on the top and branch tips they are just way taller than I expected them to be.
    The trainwreck are about 50cm tall beautifull healthy looking plants! Only one afghan has started flowering and was male I don't have much hope for the afghans tho.
    I now see what people mean about the HPS making the plants stretch they have grown about 3 inches in a week even the bubblegum wich is apparently indica but the same size as the trainwreck.
    I have the light about 1.5 feet above the plants due to the heat it let's off.
    But now I'm having slight issues with all 3 bubblegum plants the leaves are curling around length ways each spear is curling and making it look thin and realy unhealthy. Iv cut off most leaves than are doing that it seems to be helping I'll know in a few days if they ok.
    The trainwreck still haven't shown signs of sex yet but they are 60/40 sativa indica so they gonna take a lil longer than the bubblegum wich is 100% indica.
    I haven't transplanted to bigger pots they still in the 3-4 liter pots and doing very well.

I know u can feed them mollases during flowering but does anyone know what else would be good to give em? I have the GHE series nutes but the flora bloom doesn't say what the NPK ratio is so I'm just worried its to much nitrogen.
    I have ripen aswel but I don't think I'll use it my first harvest of swazi X skunk didn't like the ripen so I'm not sure bout it.
    Iv also got guano powder would it be a good idea to add that during flowering too or just during veg?

New pics coming soon! My phones camera doesn't work with HPS it looks like I'm taking a pic of half open shutters.