5 plants-Different age/size - About to Flip..help please.

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by masterdebater49, Dec 27, 2013.

1. sup guys. I will have pictures in the next post from my iphone. I have to make the thread first for it to appear on my phone app.

anyways.

5 plants..two of them are 9 weeks. one of them 5 weeks and 2 of them 4 weeks.

I started doing LST slightly late into the game but I have them all somewhat close in height.

I will be flipping to 12/12 once the 2 youngest plants recover from being topped and transplanted and bounce back. this gives me a few days to  figure out what im going to do.

My concern here is that the 3 older plants will takeover the tent and drown the 2 young plants out of lighting. How would you go about fixing this?

should i....

-individual screen the biggest plant or two? or three?
    -screen over everything?
    -its fine dont use a screen ?
    -prune the older plants smaller?

the pictures will show u the space im working with.

need help asap!

2. If it was me I would scrog the 3 bigger ones and ditch the little ones as they wont produce much at that size. Ideally if you had another grow area you could keep veging them until they are bigger.Sent from my Samsung using GC mobile app

3. yea I have nowhere else to put them. =/ i need to come up with something

4. Just put something to space the shorter ones up to even the canopy height and let them go, you have lots of room.

I do a sea of green and could grow 24 plants in that tent, 36 if I wanted to pack them. I don't grow much leaf that way.

Stop worrying about the fucking leaves, you just want a bunch of buds poking up. The leaves will sort themselves out.

5. That's probably the easiest option. I would just hate for things to get out of control and have half the tent stretching high and my light very far from the plants. Do you agree I need to flip now ? Or do I have space for more veg ?

6. I say flip now with all of them. Some plants might slow down and the smaller ones catch up. Even if you only get a little bit less it's stil more then you started with!

7. i think im gonna go for it and leave the screeen out of it...i am real worried tho that the 2 smaller plants will get swallowed up in there i need to give them a little more time i wish i had another cab to veg them longer or make them mothers for next grow.

8. do you have any information on the strains? Some will stretch more then others just depending on the genetics. 

What size pots are those? It looks like you have plenty of room. You should be able to control the bigger plants in that space. 

My runt out of my group ended up being the biggest after the stretch from flower. Sometimes you just dont know what will happen. 

Fuck it man i say flip it and watch that cab fill up with buds.

9. Delicous Seeds northern light blue  or
    dutch passion white widow
    G13 blueberry gum.

they are in 3 gals but the 2 oldest ones got put into 5 gallons last week.

10. I know its late but what I do is I raise the smaller ones by placing things under the pot so there is a even canopy! Works for me!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Grasscity Forum mobile app