Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

5 piece grinder worth it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ramones4d, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Does that extra screen actually help make the keif more fine? Seems to me like one screen should do the trick.:D

2. sounds like a marketing gimic, but it might get you finer keif over a long period of time

3. if you want a grinder to catch kief get a space case its gonna cost a lot more but it is the best grinder you can get. With other grinders you will most likely have to replace even with sharpstone.

4. I dunno man, I've had the same sharpestone for 4 years and it works as well as the day I got it. just as good as space case, only a lot cheaper

5. Everyone tells me to get a damn space case lol. I honestly dont think that it's worth getting a 60 or 70 dollar grinder when theres one for 20 that does the same thing...

6. it's called quality. Sure a $100 bong is still gonna get you high, but there is a reason that people pay $500+ for nice glass.

7. #7 ramones4d, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009

Ya true, but as long as I just have a screen to catch some dank ass keif im happy:smoking:

8. It's not like a $100 grinder will make your weed any better. A good $20 is all you need. I love my chromium!

9. ok the first major difference between spacecase and sharpstone is the pollen screen. Spacecase has a a very fine screen in it that filters out the best kief. Sharpstones have a lesser quality screen that does give as pure kief because more plant matter can fit through a sharpstone screen. Next a space case is made from solid metal where as a shapstone has metal glued to metal.

Now in my personal expierence my friend first went with a sharpstone grinder. We loved that thing then after two weeks one of the teeth on the grinder broke off. Well ok w/e we said shit happens and we can still grind up bud. Well the next day the whole metal part that the grinder teeth are on (the lid) came apart. Nextly our kief was always a darker green which means its not as pure.

After that grinder was confiscated he bought a space case. He has had it for about a year now with absolutely no problems. The kief we get is amazing from it. Mostly the kief is a nice pale green/ yellowy color. Also nothning on the space case has broken or came apart that wasnt supposed to

10. Ya man, thats my philosophy. It's not like a space case is gonna get me higher. You know what will get me higher tho? keeping the 40 bucks i saved from not buying a space case and buying some dank ass shit!

11. a $500 bong doesn't make your weed better either, the weed is gonna stay the same quality?? A space case is built better than other grinders, no shavings, edges line up perfectly, guaranteed not to dull, etc.

12. Ya i get what your saying but with that being said, I'm not a HUGE stoner. I actually only smoke a few times a week at the most, so I'm not really sure i need a space case...but I'm def. gonna research it more.

13. I'm not saying it's for everyone haha that's why they offer different types of grinders, bongs, etc at different prices. Everyone has their needs, all I'm saying is people harping on space case for their price is like harping on roor or toro for their price... you pay for the quality you want to receive.

14. not sure if they are realy but im pretty sure i sw space cases on ebay for pretty cheap

15. I'd rather buy six grinders that break over the years than get one $100 grinder, even if the six add up to more than $100.

What are the odds I'd even have to get a second grinder?

And a really good bong will hit nicer and be of better quality than an inferior bong. Therefore your rips will be more enjoyable. A spendy grinder will just make my wallet hurt for no good reason.

16. used or new?

17. well space cases can be found for $60-$80 so they aren't really THAT expensive, so I'd rather spend $60 on one bad ass grinder that isn't going to have metal shavings, that will never break, etc. Plus, a space case is going to give you finer keif due to the better quality screen as opposed to sharpstones. But i guess different strokes for different folks.