5 or 7 leaves?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by realdealz28, Mar 15, 2005.

1. whats the difference btw. 5 and 7 leaf plants? I have seen one with only 5 all over...then one with 5 star leaves on bottom and 7 star leaves on the top. What does the number of leaves mean....is it good to have a plant putting 7 leaves out? thanks

2. Marijuana leafs always grow in odd numbers. The first true leafs are "mono leaflets", meaning that the first "true leaves" are singular leafs. As the seedling grows its second set of leaves, they will emerged in three's. And the next or third set of leaves will emerge in five's, and so on. It is a characteristic of great Marijuana to have many leaflets come during the fifth, or sixth set of leaves. I have had plants with as many as 11 leaflets.

3. yeah,when i first started growing i heard all sorts of crap about '5 leaves mean male 7 mean female'DONT BELIEVE IT.

i got females growing at the moment with between 5 and 14 leaves(14s a bit of a mutie),but it dont mean anything,its all in the genes.

if anything the bigger leaves feed more to the buds