5 or 10 gallons?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by crazycanadian, Aug 19, 2012.

1. ok so a wk. ago i transplanted most of my plants that were totally crammed into 1 gallons into 5 gallon bags...would have done it sooner...but being poor and on a budget makes it hard to buy lots of stuff so i know they should have gone in sooner- however that being the case...since going into the 5 gallons bags they have really enjoyed the change...i have my last 4 plants...they were the runty ones...and im out of 5 gallon bags...what id like to do is buy more coco and transplant my 4 biggest ones into 10 gallon bags and use the 5 gallon bags for my 4 smallest ones....my question is this...is it worth it this late in the season to put them in 10 gallons- ie. will i get a bigger yeild or should i just try and find 4 more 5 gallon buckets to put them last ones in...i dont have pics however...my 4 that im talking about are lst and getting really bushy especially since i started using bloom nutes...thanks guys!

2. [quote name='"crazycanadian"']ok so a wk. ago i transplanted most of my plants that were totally crammed into 1 gallons into 5 gallon bags...would have done it sooner...but being poor and on a budget makes it hard to buy lots of stuff so i know they should have gone in sooner- however that being the case...since going into the 5 gallons bags they have really enjoyed the change...i have my last 4 plants...they were the runty ones...and im out of 5 gallon bags...what id like to do is buy more coco and transplant my 4 biggest ones into 10 gallon bags and use the 5 gallon bags for my 4 smallest ones....my question is this...is it worth it this late in the season to put them in 10 gallons- ie. will i get a bigger yeild or should i just try and find 4 more 5 gallon buckets to put them last ones in...i dont have pics however...my 4 that im talking about are lst and getting really bushy especially since i started using bloom nutes...thanks guys![/quote]

I'd get the 10 gallon. Just because why pay for more 5 gallons. If you buy 10 gallons you can re-use them next year. Bigger is better. It may not effect your yield much this season but it will be a better investment in the long run. Too many growers, myself included, blow a lot of money on stuff we outgrow.

3. thanks mamma...the thing is i already have the 10 gallons and it seems like instead of buying more 5 gallons id just buy more coco bricks- much cheaper than buying more five gallons ...to just fill up the remainder...stop by my journal today...ill post some pics :)

4. [quote name='"crazycanadian"']thanks mamma...the thing is i already have the 10 gallons and it seems like instead of buying more 5 gallons id just buy more coco bricks- much cheaper than buying more five gallons ...to just fill up the remainder...stop by my journal today...ill post some pics :)[/quote]

Sounds like a good plan. Will do.

5. fuck it go 20 ahhahah do 10 tho!!

6. if you know how to grow nice sized plants your gonna need alot more then a 10 gallon bucket lmfao.go with a 100 gallon