5 month old plant, 1 foot tall, purple buds.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by rtlshred, Sep 13, 2009.

1. #1 rtlshred, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009
    I put a seedling in the ground in may. I planned on taking good care of it, but then some shit went down in my family, and I left town for three months. Came back, expecting to find a dead plant, but it's still there! It is about a foot tall, and had some leaf damage. This was about a month ago. I sprayed it with some natural insect repellant to help the leaves, gave it some fert, and watered it every four days.

I come back two days ago, and it is budding. It only has one bud, and it is pretty much the whole plant. The very top is purple, which is strange because it has been very warm here, day and night. The pistils are still green, but some are turning orange.

BTW It has been budding for about two weeks now.

When should I harvest? Fall is right around the corner and it is starting to get cold.

I'll get some pics next time I go.

EDIT: tues, thurs, fri this week i'll be having night temps of 40-50 degrees. Too cold?

2. I've had night temps in the 40s with no problems. Our average summer/early fall night temps are low-mid 50s. Check the trichs for harvest time.

3. #3 Flemian, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009
    The purple could be lack of sun. If its getting that cold, you might want to pay close attention to the weather and wait to hear about frost warnings. Harvest before first frost.

4. Sun all day. I'm not really concerned with the purple. Is purple considered bad if it isn't a strain related thing? This was some bag seed, not GDP or anything.