5 men indicted in Spokane medical marijuana crackdown

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Blaghlagh, Jul 21, 2011.

1. 5 men indicted in Spokane medical marijuana crackdown | KREM.com Spokane

Lame :mad:

2. I live in Spokane.

Fucking hell, 20 years and 250k for a dispensary.

3. don't understand

4. 2nd place in washington to get raided this month...

first it was cali getting raided, now they decided to fuck up our shit. hell... at least they haven't shot any of our dogs..

5. #5 Blaghlagh, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
    A more detailed article.

Grand jury indicts Spokane medical marijuana dispensers - Spokesman.com - July 20, 2011

And we have our lovely Governor Chris Gregoire to thank for vetoing a provision that would have clarified the legality of dispensaries. What a weak explanation too

"We cannot presume to assure protections to one group of people -- patients, providers and health care professionals -- in a way that subjects another group, Department of Health and Department of Agriculture employees to federal arrest or criminal liability"
    Chris Gregoire, Washington Governor, Vetoes Critical Parts Of Medical Marijuana Bill

She sure is ok with letting the masses of regular citizens in her state face federal prosecution, those same people that pay her bills. am I the only one who sees the blatant hypocrisy in this statement :confused:

So to protect a smaller group of state employees (against the feds ironically) that should be standing up and abiding by the law citizens have passed and want to work here in Washington, she has basically sacrificed the rights of the people for the benefit of the few. Is she not protecting "one group of people" while subjecting another to federal prosecution by doing this anyway (And a fair amount more people at that, the people that she is supposed to be protecting and listening to, her constituents that passed the law with a goddamn majority in the first place). I really don't see how she could have made that statement with a straight face.

Hypocritical cow :mad:.

6. Another update, if anyone cares.

Medical marijuana laws don't protect everyone, including a Soap Lake grandmother | KREM.com Spokane

7. Montana is going through the same shit... 30 some dispensaries got raided here... thank god my connections caregivers did not get raided/arrested... they are all legit businesses :cool:... they thought there was major drug trafficking going across the state... but of course there is... it's weed... happens all the time and they think they can stop it? :rolleyes:

Im not sure why Washington, Oregon and Montana are all trying to mess with their mmj laws... it's causing confusion for every patient and caregiver and putting most them in some kind of jeopardy... and i was thinking about getting my card soon... looks like you need a 2nd doctors referral for chronic pain here now after SB423... may as well say i have an eating disorder since im so skinny ;)(5'8-5'9 110 lbs :eek:... but i do eat often haha or at least try to)

8. Wtf I thought Obama said he was going to stop federally cracking down on dispensaries when he was elected? :confused_2:

9. wtf you believed a politician? :confused_2:

10. #10 Blaghlagh, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011
    They are cracking down because it seems to me that they know they are losing the war, since more and more people are coming around to the realization that Cannabis isn't as harmful of a substance as they would like to make it out to be. So they (the federal govt.) have threatened the local representatives at state level that any dispensaries/attempts to actually make legal dispensaries available to the populace will be met with arrests of state officials as well as those who deal in MMJ. Of course, most of our politicians are spineless, so in order to save their own butts they are now turning a blind eye to what the feds and DEA are doing in their respective states.

It doesn't help that every time the DEA comes and raids dispensaries here in Spokane that they basically get a "payoff" or bribe from the feds in money donated directly to the local departments, or what happened last time which was them buying the local police here a new fleet of undercover police vehicles (Which at the local level the police vehemently tried to cover this up). So basically the kickbacks they are getting is worth more to them than the people they are supposed to represent and protect.

This is what I try to get across to people. Politicians play the partisan game with people, dividing them and lying to them while they have their hands in getting money both at a local and federal level. It would be much better for society as a whole if people stopped voting along party lines and started objectively examining all of the candidates.

This knee jerk "Well a Repub screwed me last time so i am gonna vote a Dem in this time," or vice versa is really getting old. People wonder why the new boss is just the same as the old boss, yet never take the time to actually find out what said person is all about and educate themselves :rolleyes:.

11. wow that's very funny that you mentioned the undercover cop cars... when my bro and i were coming back from seattle a couple weeks ago we couldnt help but notice all those brown/gray colored crown vics in Spokane... sketched us out every time we passed one since we had over an oz on us... :smoke:... then as soon as we entered idaho there were a handful of people getting pulled over :p... we passed with caution haha. :wave:

The washington/idaho border is pretty crazy though when it comes to cops... idaho's laws are not friendly towards us stoners.

12. Yeah, I realize more then anyone that pretty much every politician is nothing but a slimy bastard, but when the President has outlined in his white house agenda to not crack down on dispensaries and then it happens, it makes me nothing but disappointed. I swear to God one day everyone is going to completely lose faith in this country. It seems like today the government takes every chance to take rights from the common man with complete disregard of the constitution. Eventually, people will revolt. I think we should like Italy or France. Don't like what the government is doing, hey lets all overthrow it and make a new one!

13. This sucks a fat one...

We need to just legalize Medical Marijuana in WA all together...no more BS..