5-HTP and weed

Discussion in 'General' started by dominicano, Jan 31, 2010.

1. So, I was talking to this kid last night about how we have developed tolerance towards weed. He told me that you can take 5-HTP (a supplement available at most grocery stores and pharmacies) and that when you smoke after you take it it's like smoking for the first time again. I've never heard of anything like this... has anyone heard of this or at least tried it?

2. It's a slightly psychoactive antidepressant, according to wiki

3. 5-HTP is a naturally occurring amino acid. It's a precursor to Serotonin so it works like a natural antidepressant.

Some people also use it as a sleep aid.

4. i just got a bottle yesterday morning and after reading about this on the interent it seemed everyone was taking 200 mg and feeling the difference but for me i took 200mg and smoked some regular press and absolutley nothing has changed. i tried again today the same thing and i got nothing. i have come to the conclusion i smoke way to much and i am actually gonna have to stop smoking to get the affects of mj. im gonna try again with some good pot and see if it cause of the mj being press. i just got sick of spending alot of money on good pot when im not getting high anymore but as an experiment ill shall spemd the money and ill let you know how it turns out. but as for now i n my opinion i wouldnt waste your money on the 5 htp cause it doesnt work. but i am an everyday smoker.

5. and by me saying 5htp doesnt work i mean it doesnt make your weed buzz any higher or or longer