5 Hour Energy

Discussion in 'General' started by Vokal, May 12, 2009.

1. Does anyone know if 5 Hour Energy would be good to take before going to class?

Also, would it be fine to take this with Adderall? Searched on google and people were saying they don't recommend it but wanted to see if anyone has done it before. Probably just gonna take it a couple hours after the Adderall, is a relatively low dose though (20mg~) so I would most likely be fine.

2. I've taken those before I feel that they don't work all. They would be fine to take with Adderall but imo the adderall alone will do the job. If you want just buy a coke or coffee to take with the adderall thats what I use to do.

3. Yeah I already got both though. Reason I wanted to take both was because the Adderall is only like 20mg or so, wanted to make sure I get a nice boost lol.

4. Yea taking both aint gonna kill you. You might notice some effect from the 5 hour stuff but its mostly going to be from the addie. Enjoy tho. Addies and school go together like pie and coffee.

5. u gotta take two of those shots

6. Damn two of them lol? That would be 4000% Vitamin B6 and 16666% Vitamin B12, 300% Niacin lol. They're probably not much good for you when you take just one haha. But yeah with the Adderall no way I would take two.

7. eh, last semester during finals week i tried those...wound up drinking five in one night within about a seven hour period...didn't do shit. if you look on the back it specifically says something along the lines of "equivalent to two cups of coffee." two cups of coffee ain't shit.

8. ehh whats a little liver damage anyways.

9. Energy drinks have never done anything for me, not even the slightest energy boost. Coffee and caffeine pills on the other hand do.

these 5/6 hour energy shots do actually have some effect on me. When i drink one before work, i feel much more ready to do work and much more active mentally and physically.

I dont think youll even feel the shots if you are coming up on the addy. Perhaps take a shot afterwards when youre crashing?

**Im not expert so take what i say with a grain of salt.**;):wave:

10. i think its more intended for physical exercise more than mental.

11. If you want energy, this is not for you.

If you want to feel normal when you are tired, it will make you feel like you had some rest the night before.

Drink a monster if you are in need of energy.

12. just sniff some coke

13. they give you a niacin rush. that would be uncomfy to me. but it supposedly only lasts for a few minutes.

14. 5 hour energy's have always been good to me :confused:
    They work fast and no crash, energy drinks don't so it for me...

But yeah you'll be fine mixing them.

15. i take them sometimes before work, unfortunately they advertise no crash later buts it BS you go from feelin awake to feeling like shit. id say they last 1 hr 45 min max then they start to wear off. i wouldnt mix that with addy's.

16. Those 5 hour engergies make me bounce off the walls. I don't do any kind of speed drugs though, so most energy drinks kick my ass. I just drank a Red Bull a little while ago and I can't stop moving around. Which is a good thing for my job anyway.

17. I took two once and I just passed the fuck out.

18. Damn ended up taking it about two hours after I took the addy. Shit is wack. Didn't really do anything and tastes pretty fucking bitter. Definitely didn't give me 5 hours of energy, maybe like an hour but I could of gone to sleep after that if I wanted to.

I remember trying one like two years ago but didn't remember if it worked, I guess I do now.

19. last night I took a caffeine pill with a huge gulp of black coffee.

You wanna stay up for five hours, this shit'll do it.
    and also bring you closer to projectile vomiting than you have ever been.

20. Really the only thing you're getting (aside from the slight boost of energy with the B vitamins) is a good bit of caffeine. They have other drugs in them like Taurine, which has even been shown in some studies to cause drowsiness and Glucuronolactone - no one really knows to much what this one does, there hasn't been a lot of research into it.