5 Hour Energy for drug test urine color?

Discussion in 'General' started by johnja, Jul 11, 2011.

1. I've heard that taking vitamins such as B3 (niacin), B12, and C will color your urine in order to make a believable sample. Rather than going out and buying those tablets, could I just drink a 5 hour energy to restore some color?
    [​IMG]

2. Only one way to find out.. Go buy a drug test and a 5 hour energy

3. Does anyone know if this is a good substitute?

4. Drink a bunch of water drink 5 hour energy...and pee? See if its still clear? Idk

5. test it for us OP. i dont need to take any DT's so i dont really care but a buddy of mine is on 3 year probation so if it works i could tell him haha

6. I have my test tomorrow. I just took a 5 hour energy (regular, orange flavor). I will let you know how it turns out. I saved the extra strength for tomorrow. The only difference being that extra strength has 40mg of niacin rather than 30mg in regular strength.

7. if you dont comeback to tell us we'll know you failed your DT and we won't do it =P

8. #8 treelover, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I know that when people take niacin they take wayyy more then that, but I don't think it really works. You can't like use the night before that tons of niacin and expect it to work. I know people that do and it doesn't, they'll take enough that they're flushed and itchty and sweating.

9. Niacin and the other vitamins I listed aren't for detox purposes as people think. They're only for coloring your urine after diluting and using diuretics, to make it look like normal urine. That is the only thing I'm testing

10. Pour the 5 hour energy into the cup?

11. quick fix 5.7 ftw.

12. I had last smoked on July 4th, smoked a lot with some friends. Then I went to take my drug test on the 12th - exactly 1 week apart (I had gotten an initial call to be interviewed on the 5th). To prepare, I drank 4-6 gallons of water a day, drank rooibos and green teas as well as cranberry juice for natural diuretics, took a creatine supplement (they check creatine levels in urine to test diluteness), and took a 5 hour energy 24 hours before my test then half of one 6 hours before the test.
    This method worked and I passed the test in only 1 week!

When I first took the 5 hour energy, it took about 5 or 6 hours to see any change in my urine color. When it first changed, it was a very bright yellow, almost green. It stayed a pretty strange color until about 18 hours in. But by the time I had taken my test it looked very realistic.

13. Niacin is actually the thing that flushes out your system.

14. one day i drank two five hour energys. I was so wired i was grinding the fuck out of my teeth thinking suicidal thoughts, no lie.

15. *sigh*

16. ill backhand the fuck out of you :D

17. I used Quick Fix (synthetic urine) on my last pre employment test. I was sweating it hardcore and paranoid about it, but it was so easy and passed with flying colors.

It's very uncommon to pass a drug test if you're actively smoking. Drinking too much water just makes the test invalid and you have to test again. There are many other various ways to try and pass, but most of the time, it'll look fishy.

If you really want to pass, get Quick Fix, about 30$ at most head shops. And it's pretty much guaranteed unless it falls down your pant leg before the test, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Suicidal thoughts doesn't seem like a normal side effect of an energy drink. Not that I condone drinking them. I've tried 5 hour energy but was displeased, it barely did anything to me, plus they have so many various chemicals in them, etc. I think I have enough energy as it is.

But yeah, if you're having suicidal thoughts on B-vitamins and Caffeine, that's probably something you should look into.

19. why the fuck don't people just not smoke when they have to take a drug test