5 guys burgers and fries sucks

Discussion in 'General' started by dickens cider, Apr 23, 2010.

1. #41 Neromatic, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
    There's this dive bar about 15 minutes away from my house that makes the absolute best burgers in the world. They have this cheeseburger with cheese and bacon in a pocket inside the hamburger patty, and more cheese and bacon on top of it with your choice of fixings on the bun. If you're not careful when you take your first bite, you'll end up with hot gooey cheese running down your chin.

Of course I'm biased, because I worked there for 4 years from 8th to 12th grade - and was voted Best Burgers in the greater Minneapolis area 2 years in a row by one of the local news papers. The cheese pocket burger (dubbed The Juicy Luicy for the menu) was my creation, and remains their signature menu item 8 years later (I also put a fried egg on a bacon cheeseburger 3 years before Red Robin even opened a store in Minnesota).

In my mind you can't beat small family owned restaurants when it comes to burgers or pizzas. I won't touch chain-restaurant burgers unless there is absolutely nowhere else to go.

2. Wait...Five Guys burgers are fucking amazing, I dunno where you guys are getting them, and their Cajun Fries are BOMB!...I'm shocked by this.

3. backyard burgers and culvers are my favorite burger joints

4. Lol my girl went there today for the first time and said the same exact thing.

5. Some ones been telling me "YOU GOT TO TRY IT" they say it great, but i know theres no way its as good as fudruckers. Went there once baked with the munchies, i had a top quailty burger with really fresh topings, and a strawberry shake made with REAL strawberrys mmmm.

Also as i rember the fries where pretty dam good too!

6. fuddruckers>5 Guys>Wendys

7. i live in california, and in-n-out is the best. but my moms from DC, and every summer when my family goes to ocean city maryland, i await my yearly 5 guys burger

8. [​IMG]

this place has a future

9. It must be the restaurant because the 5 Guys in NY are so dope & the Fuddruckers here sucks.

10. That sucks. We saw tonight that they're building one by our house.

11. This man speaks the truth.

12. :confused_2:never heard of it.

Rallys has some tasty burgers tho

13. I've been trying to tell everybody this, its very bland and overcooked. I love Fuddruckers for sure, I didn't even know they had those other places.

14. IN-N-OUT!!!! IS WAY BETTER THAN FUDDRUCKERS AND 5 guys, like light years beyond better!! lol

15. My take on it as a self-proclaimed burger addict (no really, I have had every commercially available burger that I know of in my city -- well, at least one burger from each place, not every variation of burger the place offers).

In-n-Out is the best cheap fast food burger in town, but I am not a fan of their fries.

Five Guys is definitely the best "2nd teir burger" ($5-$8) for a meal. The Fuddruckers here, while good, doesn't even come close in terms of quality of indgredients or overall taste. I have never had a bad serving of Five Guys fries either. I have a coworker who used to live in DC and he swears up and down that our Five Guys are far better than what can be found back east. (That last bit is his opinion, as I cannot back it up with my own experience.)

I never compare Five Guys with In-n-Out or McDonalds type restaurants, because it really is in a different price category.

I do, however, find myself comparing Five Guys with more expensive places (up to $20/meal) because my local Five Guys burger is usually better than anything I have found in the $10-$20 price level...

16. Yes!!! Checkers/Rallys is dank as hell. Those fries :smoking:

17. YES!!!! i had my first checkers exp. the other day so awsome i was on my way back from a cheech and chong show in maryland. Actually funny thing is some guy walked up to me and my friends and gave us a free 100 dollars and said to get 5 guys and said it was the best. We bought weed lol.