5 gallon yeast/sugar co2 generator?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chris331, May 18, 2017.

1. Hi, I've recently updated my grow lights a shit ton. After getting bitched at by everyone and their dog about my cfl's thought it was time to upgrade to a true 300w led panel. I will admit it's bad ass but I don't see why people get fishers in their ass over small personal grows with low powered cfl's. Now let's get back on topic - anytime my plants get injured ( ph spikes, sativa's not wanting to clone, deficiencies, etc...) I always put the plant in a 2'/2'/2' airtight cabinet with no light and a diy vinegar/baking soda generator sitting above it. It always gets my plants back on track within 12-24 hours and then I go from there to correct the true problem. My main grow room is much larger at about 10'/4'/3'. Do you think my high powered indirect fan is enough co2 or should I make a 5gal yeast/sugar co2 gen? Many many people make fun of the little ol 2 liter setup saying it's basically pissing into the wind. What about a 5gal about 1-2 ft above the plants?

Honestly I will remove any smartass comments Bc truth be known 99% of grass city forum users are flunkies as my self with the only difference they have more money to spare for better setups then I. End of story, if you put a 1000w above a plant you could probably spit on it with a little piss and you'd be good. Don't act like ur good when ur not kids.

2. Home methods like dry ice and mushrooms have never been shown to generate enough co2 to keep the grow room in the beneficial ppm range of 1200+ppm. They're not worth the time, space they take up in the grow room, and effort especially if you use an exhaust fan on your room which if your light is big enough to grow decent bud you will.

The only way to really use CO2 is to seal the room and run ac during lights on. Keep your temp above 90 degrees and hook either a tank or co2 generator/burner to a controller that will maintain 1200-1500ppm. At night the co2 system shuts down and the room is vented.
    How to Use CO2 to Increase Cannabis Yields! | Grow Weed Easy

3. I don't mind cfl's for veg but I don't like seeing them used in bloom. I know how much work a grow can be with multiple plants and rooms. I hate to see people waste their time. The price on decent lights is so cheap now the reasons to go with CFL's have disappeared. There is no reason now. I try to discourage it when I see it. It's not for my own sake its for the other person's own benefit.

• Like Like x 2