5 gallon bucket grow with kush

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by ScToker568, May 1, 2012.

1. this is my plant at one month and i think its doing great with the earth juice grow i've been giving it. my node leafs are getting bigger by the day the earth juice is doing its job the stem and veg have gotten more fuller and stronger and thicker. I have grown in buckets be4 and like that they are off the ground cause im in a more flood prone area so dont wont to flood my plants. i was trying to get some advice on topping and if i should do it.:wave::wave::wave:

Attached Files:

2. looks like a nice healthy plant, very nice!
    you have some nice lateral branching starting already i would wager your plant is going to be realy bushy. most people top to create more branching on plants that don't have much, the one stalk type. if it were my plant i wouldn't.

3. That 5 gallon bucket is going to get totally root bound outdoors. 5 gallons just isnt enough outdoor unless you're growing autos. You should have at least filled the whole bucket with soil. Hopefully you'll change your mind and put those lovely plants in something bigger.

4. true on that advice, bigger the pot or hole bigger the plant.

5. Hello there mjmama, the picture is very decieving there is only maybe 4-5 inches of no soil i hope im going to be good i really dont want to transplant into the ground this is to nice of a plant in my opinion to put in the ground were the thousand deer would be coming up for a free buffet. there is a good amount of soil in the bucket its filled upto were the ridges start on the side of the bucket. If i would have to transplant how would i go about doing that in a safe way without killing my baby:confused:

6. to say its to nice of a plant to plant in ground is just silly , if you use caging around you area /plant/ hole then deer cant get to it and your plants will be safe.

i can easily see your plant getting root bound lol , its pretty early in the season right now . your going to need atleassst a 10 gallon container.

if i were you i would use a 25 - 35 gallon container

or better yet plant in ground with 25-35 gallons of soil

7. I live in a neighborhood and If they see something that's poking out of a huge container then they will probably call the cops of get nosy that's why im growing in a bucket. I've grown out of a bucket be4 and it turned out ok.

8. you could always put it in the ground and tie it down then, maybe? with a good hole it will get huge. tie it down it won't have the typical ganja outline.
    this sounds silly but i seen a grow where a lady tied fake red flowers all around her giant plant in her backyard. from a little distance it didn't resemble ganja at all it lookes like a big flowering bush. just ideas, i don't know your situation well enough to know the entire situation.

9. [quote name='"ScToker568"']I live in a neighborhood and If they see something that's poking out of a huge container then they will probably call the cops of get nosy that's why im growing in a bucket. I've grown out of a bucket be4 and it turned out ok.[/quote]

You don't think people would notice pot plant sticking out of 5 gal buckets. They will be root bound after a month outside. Go bigger

10. Ok how would I go about transplanting it? How big a hole go deeper? Or go wider? And would it be better to do at night?

11. Just to confuse you a little more, I had great results growing in a 5 gallon bucket. I grew Dutch treat x hashplant grew to about 6 feet and gave me 4 oz dried. I did not have any root bounding problems

12. [quote name='"ScToker568"']Ok how would I go about transplanting it? How big a hole go deeper? Or go wider? And would it be better to do at night?[/quote]

There is a thread a few post down where we are having a nice debate on that right now. Should check it out

13. [quote name='"sgtstadanko"']

There is a thread a few post down where we are having a nice debate on that right now. Should check it out[/quote]

Ok I will check it out

14. [quote name='"basicm"']Just to confuse you a little more, I had great results growing in a 5 gallon bucket. I grew Dutch treat x hashplant grew to about 6 feet and gave me 4 oz dried. I did not have any root bounding problems[/quote]

Thanks man was is a bag seed or a auto

15. wow looks real healthy nice tight nodes too

16. [quote name='"basicm"']Just to confuse you a little more, I had great results growing in a 5 gallon bucket. I grew Dutch treat x hashplant grew to about 6 feet and gave me 4 oz dried. I did not have any root bounding problems[/quote]

6 ft an 4 oz that sucks. I have 6ft tall plants that pull over a lb a pice easily. I get like 3 oz per plant off of 5 gal buckets inside under a 1000k light

17. [quote name='"basicm"']Just to confuse you a little more, I had great results growing in a 5 gallon bucket. I grew Dutch treat x hashplant grew to about 6 feet and gave me 4 oz dried. I did not have any root bounding problems[/quote]

6 ft an 4oz that sucks. I get 6ft tall plants that yield over a lb easy. I get like 2-3 oz per plant out of 5 gal buckets inside under 1000 watt hps

18. basicm i used to grow some dutch treats not the crosses just regulars. they were good solid indicas. with a good "hole" i could expect them to grow about 5'-6' with 12-16ozs each.
    at 6' with 5 gallon bucket your plant was root bound as hell or else it would have produced more.
    if you want a couple ozs a plant grow some of the autos.

19. [quote name='"ScToker568"']

Thanks man was is a bag seed or a auto[/quote]

Neither, bought the seeds from a Seedbank just normal seeds not femmed or auto. My family runs a nursery, we have fairly large trees in 5 gallon buckets and they do not get root bound. I highly doubt that 3 months of vegging will make your plant rootbound. I am doing all my plants in 5 gallon buckets and am not nervous what so ever

20. [quote name='"TKOkush"']basicm i used to grow some dutch treats not the crosses just regulars. they were good solid indicas. with a good "hole" i could expect them to grow about 5'-6' with 12-16ozs each.
    at 6' with 5 gallon bucket your plant was root bound as hell or else it would have produced more.
    if you want a couple ozs a plant grow some of the autos.[/quote]

I am suggesting 5 gallon because I was in a similar situation as this guy, I grew on my balcony with neighbors near by. If you want maximum bud then yea larger containers, but a bit more incog with a modest amount of bud, and a healthy plant, I think 5 gallon is not a problem! Look at my grow last year the plants were healthy as can be.