5 days in to 12/12

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Satuit020, Jan 19, 2017.

1. I'm 5 days into 12/12 and I'm having a hard time knowing the sex of the plant. I have a feeling that it may be a male but I'm not sure if it's too early to tell. I tried to take the pics the best I could.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. More time, your going to get mix answers... Looks like it could go either way at this point. 3-5 Days and you should have a better ideal which it is. Gl man.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the quick response. It's hard to have patience. Just praying its a female after all the time I have spent

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah its always a bummer. I only had one female, out of 3 seeds. Your plant looks like it was well maintained so hopefully that plays in your favor. I really thought my patients was bad in Veg, in flower it's x10 lol. Good saying around here " it's a weed, leave it alone". It's going to grow. Like I said you should know for sure in about 3-5 days.

5. I have 3 plants total so I'm hoping for at least 1 female. 2 plants are in great shape one not so much.

6. IMG_20170111_134447.jpg You should see some hairs soon. But if it looks like a pod raised on a tiny stem it may be a boy

7. It doesn't seem very raised but it does have a claw look to it, which I have heard might mean male. This is my first ever grow so this is a learning experience for me.

8. I'm not 100 percent but that looks like a male to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. yea it's best to run a few when dealing with regular seeds. Males often flower sooner than females of the same strain, also look for spade shaped pods because those will likely be males. Whereas the females will be more pointy and coneshaped before spitting out pistils

• Like Like x 1
  10. Also the nodes closer to the light source is normally where the preflowers mature quickest, best of luck to you m8

11. The second picture you posted on the right side of the stem looks very male.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. I was thinking the same thing. Just keeping my fingers crossed its not a male!

13. You don't need to drop them to 12/12 to sex them. On 24 hours of light it takes about 6 weeks approximately to show sex. If you have a hair it's a female. If you want to speed it up veg on 16 hours of light they will show sooner but won't flower. Then you can take clones without reverting and stressing shit out of them. And you don't waste time cloning males.

14. I'm debating if I should start some more seeds and try again.

15. They were given to me from a friend of a friend. I don't believe they are feminized.

16. [​IMG]almost looks like this one hey? Wish I had a better quality picture for you. It's hard to have patience, I share the feeling. Mine took 5 days from first pic to second pic [​IMG] mine to 2 weeks from flip to show it's sex. It was flipped at 9 weeks old. ( not a little plant. 3x3x2.5 feet )

17. Maybe not, tough call. Only time will tell for certain. Good luck.