5 Day Old Sprouts - Concerned -

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mr.tokey, Aug 14, 2014.

1. #1 mr.tokey, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    I put these in the medium 5 days ago after I germ them via paper towel method...all was going well untill I noticed something with the first leaves. They look like they are getting crusty/shriveling 2.jpg 1.jpg and turning a pale green in color. I am using 50%peat 25% perlite 25% vermiculite mix. The only time I put water on the soil was when I mixed it in my mixing bucket. Then now just before I posted this I gave them just a bit of water each not drowning them. I searched high and low on this forum and others I just haven't seen anyone with this question yet or pictures of this type. Oh also I have a 4 foot 2 bulb florecent, bulbs are 40watt each. I have it placed currently about 6 inches above the sprouts... I did have it lower at one point maybe it fried the tops?

in the pics the soil may look drenched but its not, I had  just watered the tops very lightly before i took these pics.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. they are perfectly fine. do nothing crazy to them. let them grow, do not love them to death.

Drop the light down to two inches from the plant, it will not burn them.

like this...

View attachment 1511567
    View attachment 1511568

3. Snoop is correct. Don't mess w them too much, they will grow, don't overwater, sometimes I don't have to water my sprouts for up to four to five days at time. Let the tap root search. Get that light close or you will end up w longer than you want stem, then it will topple over, and you will have to stake it at a very young age. Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

just like human some babies are ugly but that last for a very short time.

5. I see what you mean. Unfortunately there is only a few small things you can do for them at such a young age. Good luck. The goddess maryjane is watching over them.

6. Yup, I sometimes forget about my seedlings a couple days at a time ( litfa ) and they end up actually growing between the t8 flouros and actually touching the bulbs, no burns, very healthy and node overload =)