Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

5 Day Marijuana Test

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by DracoDan, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Well recently got caught up in the law with marijuana and they put me on a diverge program to keep me from getting new charges as long as I go to a class for a month and have clean urines, but the guy at the class said the test can only tell of marijuana usage for 5 days, which I don't believe a single bit. I smoked Saturday and get tested again Friday. That's 6 days. Is this true at all? Have always been told it takes 30 days.

2. It's not true. He's an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. That's exactly how I felt. Well let's hope he swallows his pride when I come up dirty

• Like Like x 1
  4. Is it a mouth swab test?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Actually in most cases this is true..

Thc only has an initial half life of about 4hrs .. Between 2-6

The high logp- lipid solubility means it atttches to fatty tissue as it circulates giving a longer terminal half life.

But I've passed a test ~40 hrs after smoking about a half gram of dank at ~20% thc

Looking at this initial half life. The bioavailability of smoked Thc at about 20%
    The total amount in your body is less than the 50 ng cutoff after that 40 hrs.
    Total . not the 50ng/ml

I'm talking super easy to beat.

Its that terminal half life that brings in this.... Long elongated parabola.

But even with moderate use most people pass in about 3 days. Heavy up to a week. And by heavy I mean +2 ozs a week

I get drug tested alot

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maybe THC does have a half life of 4 hours but urine drug tests don't check for THC, they check for a metabolite. I don't doubt you when you say you get tested a lot but to take a urine test all you have to know is how to pee. Your facts are goofy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I light up a joint and blow the smoke in thier face just before they swab me.

8. Well he showed me the test when I first came up hot and it said THC on the test maybe that is how it only last 5 days and I remember him also saying something about ng's too so "The qk" might be correct

9. "Carboxy-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) Confirmation, Urine
    Clinical Information[​IMG]

Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol is the active agent of the popularly abused street drug, marijuana.

Following consumption of the drug, either by inhalation or ingestion, it is metabolized to a variety of inactive chemicals, one of them being delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol carboxylic acid.

The immunochemical procedure used to screen for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) as part of IDOAU / Drug Abuse Survey, Urine is designed to cross-react with THC carboxylic acid."

"6158 individual urine specimens were screened by immunoassay with values ≥50 ng/mL classified as positive. Urine specimens were confirmed for THCCOOH by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry "

"Data were divided into three groups, 0 – 50, 51 – 150, and >150 ng/mg, based on the creatinine corrected initial THCCOOH "

"mean number of days were 0.6 and 4.3, 3.2 and 9.7, and 4.7 and 15.4 days"
    This was based on creatine levels
    "During the terminal elimination phase, alternate positive and negative urine test results may occur in consecutive specimens. "

"This study was unique in that it was conducted on a closed research unit with subjects under continuous medical surveillance during cannabis abstinence for up to 30 days."

Maximum THCCOOH/creatinine concentrations occurred in the first urine specimen collected during monitored abstinence in most participants, but in 40%, peak concentration occurred up to three days after admission. BMI was significantly correlated with the day of the last positive specimen;

10. mean number of days were 0.6 and 4.3, 3.2 and 9.7, and 4.7 and 15.4 days"

When imtepreting this data. Don't look at 15.4 and go ok that's me . I'm excruciatingly overweight dehydrated and smoke massive amounts.

This is estimated from bmi on the subjects weight creatine and when the max plasma levels were achieved (this was left out for ease of reading)

At the same time. That 4.7 days would be a heavy user that is active and hydrated. With a naturally high metabolism and little Thc stored in fat.

11. Dude you have to pee clean and take classes for month.. that's a walk in the park. Or smoke and have anxiety about it and risk catching chargers while on probation..

12. just buy fake urine and taint it

• Like Like x 2
  13. ^^ or yeah but some fake urine and hand warmers. Best choice if they don't watch you piss.

• Like Like x 2

14. ive done it numerous times with ease ..just make sure it stays at the right temp...thats why taint

15. Yea I use the quick fix for my dot drug tests and in-house pharma.

Creatine registers just above cutoff 1.005

Sugars-0

Protein-0

Everything normal

16. I planned on stopping so stop assuming.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That's what I'm talking about. THC and THCCOOH are two different molecules, the THCCOOH is a metabolite of THC and the drug tests look for that specific metabolite. That's why it doesn't matter what the half life of THC is for urine drug tests. And it doesn't matter what the half life of THCCOOH is either, it gets stuck in our fatty tissues where it doesn't metabolize.

18. #18 The qk, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    It does matter. the half life takes into account the excretion of it wether protein bound or lipid
    That's why there an initial half life and a terminal half life.

If you don't know what your talking about why argue a point

Anyway the study answered the op.