5/8/2007 RIP Sidecar (Picture!)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by INDECLINE, May 9, 2007.

1. I am still in shock. My bubbler of 4 years, the first one I ever bought, handblown beautiful piece left for a better place about 2 hours ago when she fell off my bed and met fer fate. The times I have had with that piece will never be forgotten. Damn this is the first time I have ever dropped a piece it was so unexpected. I was smoking kalimist out of her one minute admiring her appearance and then I turn my back and just like that it was all over. I am thinking about gluing it back together with rear view mirror glue because the glass shop wants nothing with her.

[​IMG]

2. damn, that looks like a mad nasty crack. sorry about the loss. i don't think that's going to really be fixable

and did you bring it to the glass shop resinated? haha

3. Haha yea it goes back together pretty nicely but I called the guy and he said that he doesnt work on pipes or bubblers anymore only bongs. I do understand though it's a bitch to do that kind of shit on something small like that especially with all the breaks in it. I was gonna clean it idf I did bring it in.

4. sorry for your loss. as for fixing it. hey, can't hurt to try, what have you got to lose but a little time. peace

5. I appreciate the sympathy in such difficult times of despair haha. I see myself buying a new bubbler in the near future and retiring her to display where she will be glued back together and if possible used on special occasions.

6. haha whata ya know I superglued theat bitch together and started from where I left off before she broke. Ima get a local glassblower to to weld a ridge along the fractures to permanatly join it, it will look illmatic as well, imo. It will also give this bubbler a lot of character. There is a small hole in the front the size of a pencil eraser that will be filled with a a glass knob.

7. long live the ressurection!!!

8. VIVA LA RESSURECTION!!!
    sorry bout loss but get that baby to work again just ads to the flavor.

9. That's great, man! Post some pics of she she looks like when the glass blower has handled her =D

10. 4 years man? oh thats got alot of res in that baby. scrap that shit and smoke it.

ahahaha

that sucks it broke though, 4 years is a good run though.

11. yea she has quite a good resin build up in her and I just stole it back from my dad who took it away 4 years ago I was a freshmen when he took it and I didn't get it back till the begining of this year (my senior year) and since then I've just been trying to make up for those years of no resination. Now that she is broken I've been just scraping her out as I go, to top my bowls. And I will be sure to get those pics up as soon as she is finished. Hopefully she'll be with me for many a year to come.

12. just scrape the shit out of it now, and make a big res ball. then make some kief cakes and put it all together. be the highest u ever been off that shit.

13. 4 years is alot longer than most peices last.
    scrape that res! smoke that res!

14. Theres mad resin in that bitch