4x8 tray against the wall?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Jsmo, May 29, 2019.

1. Wondering if anyone has experience placing a 4x8 ebb and flow tray against a wall. I’m worried we won’t be able to reach the wall side of the tray because we don’t have 4 ft arms!

Any experience with this? Thinking about doing two 2x8’s on opposing walls but 1. I don’t really want to and 2. I can’t find a reservoir small enough to fit under the 24” area. 3. I would know what to run for lighting.

Thoughts?

2. You can reach them but it’s a major pain especially if the plants are big. Best to have a walk way around the back if you can.
    I’m 5’9” for reference.

3. Also it will depend on your grow style. We did SOG with Lollipops so each plant maxed out around 18-24inches

4. Yeah I was planning SOG. 6’1” but I don’t think that’s much of a difference

5. They do sell 3x8 trays. Not as common but they are out there.

6. That might be an option

7. I had a similar issue with my 6'x9' hydro setup. It was my first design so I hadn't thought that part through. I ended up making scissors on a stick lol. I have a video of it actually, but yeah it was tricky to reach the back but not impossible, though I was able to crawl under my canopy.

8. Lollipop your plants then you can get under them and behind them