4'X8' Grow tent- multiple varities

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by matanuskaMATT, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Sup Heads,

Thanks for checking out my journal, this is my first online journal so I hope it works out well.

Equipment:
    1) 1000watt ipower digital ballast
    2) Metal Halide Bulb for Veg.
    3) HPS hortilux for flower
    4) King Cobra SunSystems Air-cooled hood
    5) 6 foot light mover
    6) 600 cfm exhaust fan
    7) 4'X8'X7' Grow tent
    8) 6 oscilating fans
    9) Charcoal Filter
    10) Cloning dome with water pump
    11) 250watt hydrofarm CFL and T8 Fluro box for mother plants and cloning station

Medium Details:
    • Organic Soil Mix, started in 6inch deep peat pots for seedling stage, after two weeks, transplanted to a 1.5 gallon grow bag. After three more weeks, transplanted to a 2 gallon grow bag for the last week of vegitative stage. After three weeks of flowering, one more transplant to a 3 gallon grow bag to finish the procces.
    • 60% Promix, 20% Foxfarm OF, 15% perlite, 5% vermiculite
    • Organic Amendments added: Worm Castings, Crab Meal, Neem Meal, Kelp Meal, Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Seabird Guano, Rock Dust, Dolomite Lime
    Varities Chosen
    • From seed: Barneys Farm Vanilla Haze, BF Morning glory, Reserva Privada Chem Dawg, Unknown "super dank" bag seeds- 23 total
    • Clones- Ak-47, Jack Herrer, Chocolope- 23 total
    The last pic of some of the last harvest, it was called "Sage"

Hope you like

MM

Attached Files:

2. more pix
    :)

Attached Files:

3. Looks good...you sure are stocked on nutes!

4. thanks man, checked out yours too, that is one burly ass female bro! I cant even imagine the size of your roots in that bucket..lol.. nice set up

good luck

MM

5. Hey matt, looking good my friend! I read this:
    started in 6inch deep peat pots for seedling stage, after two weeks, transplanted to a 1.5 gallon grow bag. After three more weeks, transplanted to a 2 gallon grow bag for the last week of vegitative stage. After three weeks of flowering, one more transplant to a 3 gallon grow bag to finish the procces.
    Is there any particular reason that you're transplanting so much? You could just move from the peat pot to the 3 gallon grow bag. Or from peat pot to 1.5 gal to 3 gal if you really want to transplant a lot lol. With small plants, you want to make sure they aren't in a huge container where the soil will be water-logged, so you start in a small pot and then transplant (obviously). But after that, you can go right into the final pot. Not only is there no real benefit to doing all that transplanting, it's actually detrimental in that it provides many more opportunities for root damage, etc. I transplant once: from the starter pot to the final pot.

How did you like the SAGE from your last grow? That's a strain I'm interested in.

6. HHmm, interesting thought ITG...

Back when I first started growing in the '90's, I always had root circling/binding issues, so I had found that transplanting a couple extra times allowed me to correct any problems that I found. I was also told by a friend it was a good way to get good oxygen to your roots.

Now that I think about it, I havent had any root issues in years. I think, originally, I wasnt watering appropriately, over time I found easier watering methods which has greatly helped in that area.

I also like the idea of getting some fresh soil mix to add to the plant during the transplant.

I usually just plant the peat pot directly into the 1.5 gallon bag, so you would recommend going straight to the pot I finish in?

I love spending time with the plants so it could be me being too selfish and wanting to do "too much"..lol.. If I could bring them down to chill and watch tv with me I would probably work it out some how.. ;) they truly are very fun to be around!! ( I sware im not as crazy as that makes me sound..haha)

Thanks for the insight tho ITG

You always have some great ideas

MM

Peace, Love and Panic

7. To answer your other question, the sage is great!!!

Flavor is spectacular and the thc is in the 20% range. It is slowly creeping its way up my top 5..

Currently:
    1) Super Silver Haze
    2) Alaskan Matanuska Thunder Fuck
    3) Cindy99
    4) Sage
    5) Purple Power Plant

8. Hey MM,
    I go straight to the finishing pot. If you want to do starter pot to intermediate pot to final pot that's fine too (if you really want to transplant). But like I said, more transplanting means more opportunities for root damage and transplant shock. Not to mention that in an organic soil, fungal and microbial colonies develop around the roots of the plants. The microbes are already in the soil, but they really get kicking when the plant goes in the soil. The microbes need plant roots just like roots need microbes. The point being that every time you transplant you disrupt these fungal and microbial colonies, and then the microbes in the new pot have to establish around the roots in the new soil. See what I mean? It's often easy to overlook the microbial aspect of what we're doing.

I would plant the seed directly into the final pot if it wouldn't be too wet. I want to nurture and preserve those fungal/microbial colonies as much as possible, and transplanting just means the process (of developing a relationship with/around living roots) has to start all over again.

9. Interesting thought, makes a lot of sense ITG, I think im going to try that next time..

thanks