2x4 400 Watt & 4x8 1200 Watt QB Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by WeedSexWeightsShakes, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Waiting for a driver for one of my 260w kits. The driver crapped out I think so GrowersLights sending a replacement. Hopefully flip within the next week.

Ya that isn’t happening. Way too much work. I could do a non trimmed dry weight but I’m not trimming everything just so I can get my final weight. This last grow wasn’t even very full good weight wise. Room was like 2/3 full maybe.

2. You don’t trim?

3. I eventually do dry trim. It is so much easier and better imo. Bud keeps a lot more of its smell and I trim when I want.

• Like Like x 1
  4. O ok. I find it harder to trim after drying. Maybe is easier after a cure though. Do you just cut the stalk and hang upside down?

5. Yep. This last grow plants were big so I cut branches off. Let them dry then throw them in ice chest/jars lol. Then I trim as I need to or when I’m bored. I feel like they do turn out a lot better vs wet trimming.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I second that dry trimming takes wayyyyyyy less work you pretty much use your fingers to remove most of the crap seems like you waste less than wet trim. And o the smell is so much stronger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. To each their own hehe. I found I get gummed up more and see a lot more tris flying off when dry. Best for me is right when it’s its snipped off the plant, but your right is a ton of work to trim at once. Of course the worst is when they been cut from the plant and try and cut it an honor ur later.

No problem, was trying to see how well those lights preform. You had a nice grow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Good GOD. This is what I want to do. I’m tired of making mistakes. I want to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just makes me wanna buy hlg quantum boards..the cost for the 550 tho

• Like Like x 1
  10. Last grow I did in my 5x5 SCROG and 2.5x4 scrog. Untrimmed yield was like 1850 grams with 3x 260w kits and a 320w kit.

Bro it’s worth it. If I was to do it over I’d probably do all 132 boards. Better spread. With my 4 132 boards I spent around $1 a watt. Great thing about the 132s is they don’t need heat sinks. The HLG 600 is a decent deal. But you can build your own and save a good chunk of change.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thats some impressive weight dude... untrimmed or not... cant wait to see what you get out of the 4x8 im the similar in the way i trim... as its all for me im not fussy and just pull off the sugar leaf as i pull buds out of jars/containers to smoke... i do strip all big fan leaf and some of the easy to pull sugar leaf, as i hang the branches to dry....

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  12. I gotta say....I LOVE LOVE LOVE my HLG 260watt in 3000K. I also have a Roleadro 400watt COB LED light that I really like. If I had a larger tent, I would definitely add the Roleadro 400watt as a supplement light while I'm flowering. But I just added my 6th fan (not counting my 4" exhaust and carbon filter) in order to keep temps down below 80, so I don't think I can get away with adding something else that puts off heat in that little tent. :(

Get a quantum board light. Even if it is just a HLG 65. It will make a huge difference.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hm you ousting stems and branches?

I almost went the dyi route hehe but had specials on my led light that was the same around 1$ a watt. I been seeing these lights everywhere haven’t looked into that much but your plants look really well with them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ya that weight didn’t have a lot of stems. We took the buds of big stems that harvest. This harvest was way lazier lol. That’s why I am not even bothering with numbers on this one, plus it was only 4 plants and had a lot of room. I’d be happy if I hit 1gpw.

• Like Like x 1
  15. After 48 hours of darkness...
    89842DF6-74F3-4201-907F-EC321CA796E9.jpeg

Going 13 on 11 off starting tonight.
    Far red on 5 mins before lights off and 5 mins after.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nice dude, going to have a mini forrest on your hands very soon with the tent that crowded, what's your humidity like when the lights are off, do you run a dehumidifier? I need to have one running 24/7 in my lung room to keep a consistent 50% humidity across the 3 tents

• Like Like x 1
  17. I run my humidity high right now. Lights on it’s around 65. Lights off 70-75. I do have a small dehumidifier in that room, not in the tent. Once I get deeper into flower I’ll start opening the door to the grow room to get humidity down.
    Hoping for a good yield this grow!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yeah humidity is a constant battle for me... i live near the ocean ... no dehumidifier i hit upto 80% with lights off and thats with an 8 inch exhaust and 6 inch intake fans!! Not so bad now we're coming into winter, but its a bitch in spring and summer growing indoors in Australia!!
    Yeah mate keep everthing dialed in and youll get a stellar yeild... look at them haha havent even stretched yet and they're monsters... i need to start doing a longer veg i think

• Like Like x 1
  19. I just try to follow the vpd chart until they start forming decent buds. Then I start dropping the humidity. I usually veg for about 3 months I’d guess. Rather have the tent out of control than wishing it was fuller lol.

• Like Like x 1