2x4 400 Watt & 4x8 1200 Watt QB Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by WeedSexWeightsShakes, Mar 9, 2018.

1. I actually came cross those but no where was actually selling them yet. lol figures they’re selling them now but they don’t have 4ft strips. I’d rather of used those cause they don’t need heatsinks or a frame. They’re like the qb 132s and 120s but strips.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Actually I like these
    H influx L
    SL-B8U2N80LAWW
    SL-B8U3N80LAWW
    SL-B8U4N90LAWW

• Like Like x 1
  3. just a little something of different strains going

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lookin beautiful!

• Like Like x 1
  5. They look awesome bro! Good job! Lovin those QB LED's, I'm about to drop some serious dough on some after I flip this harvest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Impressive Journal. I think I'll tag along now

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ya got some good strains this grow! The qbs are awesome. I’d suggest the qb 96s for what you do.

Thanks for checking it out buddy! Nice to share with people who enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hey check out the qb 96 threadif you haven’t already.

• Like Like x 1
  9. But isn't the coverage area for those little boards more compact?

I was thinking 2-3 600H's for the veg. Room varied spectrum, and some smaller ones to fill in space in the flower room..

10. Probably, not saying they’re good or bad at this point, but something to watch. I’ve got 8 of them coming, supposedly 4 is enuff for a 4x4.

Max 300w, for $99 plus driver, with additional reds.

I’ll be mapping them for intensity. And along w far red pucks for spectrum.

They are kinda like cobs, so may also be good for filling in places where additional intensity is needed.

Anyway we’ll know what they can do pretty soon. I’ll do a side-by-side vs my eight 288s after xmas....

• Like Like x 1
  11. I agree on the 600s for veg. The 96s for your style of growing I bet will be better than the other boards.

• Like Like x 1
  12. If i remember correctly, xeno has pretty good height in growroom and essentially flowers individual plants that have signif space between them, 96 might fit that better, but maybe not, we’ll see what the relative cost of bds&drivers turns out to be.

I think the 96 wouldn’t be the best for veg, cuz it has so much red. If you look at the spectrums the 96 has a boost in blue vs 600, but even with the boost in blue, the 96 still has more of its light in red

Could work out that the benefits in flower don’t outweigh the costs of two sets of lights (96 + 600 veg lights), so it’s overall best, when funds are limited, to just go with single set of lights, 600s (3000K).

We’ll see...

• Like Like x 1
  13. You think just the 3K in Veg? Not mixed? The 96 might be perfect for the space between Gavita's, plus the added red for flower. The only problem I saw was they are sort of a P.I.T.A. to mount.

14. #314 Or_Gro, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Well, lets say you could only afford the same lights for veg and flower. I’d say get all of them 3000 vs 4000, cuz you can get by in veg with 3000s, but you need to maximize red vs 4000 for flower weight.

What might turn out best, under limited funds, is to get 3000s and supplement at both ends (supplemental blues for veg, reds for flower). One thing to remember is you don't need as many lights during veg (more plants per sqft, less light intensity needed), so won’t need as many supplemental blues.
    Supplementing for the reds will likely get you same spectrum as 96, but in a removable form.

96s might be good space fillers, during flowering, depending on spacing.

We’ll see...

• Like Like x 1
  15. 96s are a flower light according to hlg.
    For veg I’d use 4K
    If for veg and flower I’d use 3500k

• Like Like x 1
  16. You don’t use 3ks?

17. I use 3000k and 3500k

18. So why reccomend not using 3k?

19. I recommended 3500k for veg and flower light.
    If it’s only for flower i would say a mix of 3000k and 3500k even some 2700k would be cool.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Video clip update

• Like Like x 2