4x4x7 grow 1000w hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MysticManJammin, Sep 27, 2010.

1. What sized bucket should I use to make sure the plants stay 18 inches from the light? I would also have to take into account the height of the bucket but I'm guessing they could be upwards around 4 1/2 feet, maybe 5 if the bucket was squat enough. This will be a soil grow with Super Lemon Haze and White Widow, thank you for your input.

2. Figure a gallon per foot of plant. So 5-7 gallon?

3. Ya i think I'll rock the 5 gallons with a bit less soil because its a 1000w

4. You manipulate your light or your containers to keep the distance from the light where you want it to be. Raise or lower the light, raise or lower the containers. If you are at maximum height, you can LST or SCROG (Lots of posts on these methods here at GC)your plants to control their height and increase their yield.

Don't base your pot size on grow height availability, if you go to small you will have root bound plants. I would use nothing less than a 3 gal container, but it seems most that grow soil or coco use 5 gal containers.

5. #1 love the paradox in the sig. From what I read I may have to do SCROG, I feel LST will make them to bushy that even with rotation light won't get below the canopy even in a reflective grow room. I read that with a few of the plants flowering around 10 inches they should reach about 4/12 feet max with a few being shorter so I may risk that. Quick question my horticulture majors aren't sure about if I got a hermie and put it in a smaller grow room with a female plant of the opposite sex could I successfully breed them if I made sure the pollen from one went to the other? If I should ask this somewhere else I can remove the question and put it somewhere else.

6. #6 420 Man, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2010
    yeah that would work fine, but foreal id rather keep them seperate and "catch" the pollen from the pollen sacks and transfer it to a jar or just simply onto a Qtip and then rub on selected buds.

make sure there are plenty pollen sacks, personally i wouldnt use a hermie dude, that will result in offspring that is more prone to hermin out on ya.

id get a true breeding male and start over. :eek:

the best to luck to ya :smoke:

http://forum.grasscity.com/cannabis...ers-guide-male-pollen-collection-storage.html

7. Ya I'd have a separate room for the breeding ones and be careful about handling both plants, I probably would buy some non feminized seeds just to be on the safe side and get a real male for sure.

8. Don't use a hermied plant to pollinate a female, the majority of your seeds will be hermie seeds, they carry the trait. If you want to pollinate, grow a male, then use that. But avoid the hermies for reproduction.

9. A coulpe of years back i read on this forum from an experienced grower that you want hermie pollen for a female plant as this will make female seeds. hermie polynating a hermie gives hermie seeds.

Now you have 2 conflicting statements. maybe a few more opinions are needed to draw proper conclusions

10. I thought it was a hermie pollinating itself created hermie/female seeds?

11. I think I know what you are referring to. Some strains, if left flowering well past when they are ready to be harvested, as a last effort for species survival, will naturally sprout some males. When that happens, if you collect their pollen and pollinate another female plant, then yes, the majority of those seeds are female seeds.

But when a plant is hermied due to stress or bad genetics, then most of the seeds they produce will also carry that herme trait.