4x4x7.5 grow tent 1000 watt setup question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GOLDENBOY, Oct 24, 2013.

1. #1 GOLDENBOY, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
    So yesterday I bought a 4x4x7.5 grow tent with a 1000 watt light, cool tube and a 440 cfm inline fan. Now I need to get a filter but heres the question, the guy tells me to vent the light itself and then buy a 4 inch inline fan with a filter to scrub the airand vent that separate. Is that the best way? Or can I attach the filter on one side of the light with some ducting and vent it that way? Id rather only have 1 inline fan to save money. But im worried about heat. Ill have fans blowing around in it their tooSorry for my drawing but I dont feel like messing around on a computer all night. What picture is the best way 1 or 2? 1382569793946.jpg 1382569958072.jpg "if you want me to response back, quote me."

2. Of course he told you to vent it seperately. Next up is a box full of nutrients that they swear will "grow you da big budzzz!".

Get set up, vent it through the hood and filter and see where you at with temps.

3. Yea you said what I wanted to hear....

"if you want me to response back, quote me."

4. The proper way is the first pic,.keeps temps down cooling the 1000 watt bulb and your plants can almost touch the Cooltube..this is the way I got mine setup but with 2 six inch inline fans

BigC

5. U should have the one fan pushing threw ur Cooltube not pulling..a lot cooler

BigC

6. Should I set it up like the 2nd (badly drawn picture.... haha) picture or set it up different?

7. #7 GOLDENBOY, Oct 24, 2013
    [quote name="bigc29" post="18873782" timestamp="1382575391"]U should have the one fan pushing threw ur Cooltube not pulling..a lot coolerBigC[/quote] So the cheap way wont work? Or it will work just not as good and I need to push the air."if you want me to response back, quote me."

8. Ill be venting it in the basement and that room will be cold for winter

9. Both ways will work but useing two fans is the proper way

BigC

10. As long as I can run it that way for "now" im gonna try them seeds from rcmc in this, ill fuck this up!

11. #11 GOLDENBOY, Oct 24, 2013
    [quote name="bigc29" post="18873899" timestamp="1382576526"]Both ways will work but useing two fans is the proper wayBigC[/quote]Will this inline fan work? 1382620067977.jpg I can get 6inch fan that looks like that and its 250 cfm for only 30 bucks. Its the same cfm as he wants to sell me only that one was a 4 inch and cost 135. I'd just have to get a bigger filter. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. No, that's a booster fan and won't work for shit. Spend the extra and get a centrifugal.

I run 2 - 4x4x7 tents with 1000's and a 6" centrifugal pushing through a carbon filter. These fans pull much better than they push, so have your fan suck out from the tent. Your second pic is fine.

Sent from my NSA recording device.

13. #13 GOLDENBOY, Oct 24, 2013
    [quote name="Stumpie" post="18875976" timestamp="1382622570"]No, that's a booster fan and won't work for shit. Spend the extra and get a centrifugal. I run 2 - 4x4x7 tents with 1000's and a 6" centrifugal pushing through a carbon filter. These fans pull much better than they push, so have your fan suck out from the tent. Your second pic is fine. Sent from my NSA recording device.[/quote] ill be putting the fan right after the filter so it blows. I was told it works betterI'm going out as captain sweat pants..

14. Those fans are better at pulling than pushing. Hood > filter > fan > exhaust from room. Set it up and get it running, then take temps.

15. And yes...you could set it up like in the second drawing as well.

16. Here's my set up. The guy told me that I can run the fan either way. Its works the same no matter what. 1382703644385.jpg

17. Exactly. ..the fan pulls through the filter and fan. Did you fire it up and check temps?

18. I need to pick up something to check the temperature with today.