4x4x6.5 Grow tent 600 watt HPS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gogreencheese, Aug 14, 2011.

1. HIGH ALL! I have a 600 watt HPS that needs to go in a 4x4x6.5 grow tent. Im going to order a fan and filter and ducting, but am wondering if anyone has ever placed the light on the very top of the tent and made an opening the exact size of the vent hood in order to keep the heat down? Any help and tips on running a 600 watt would be great. Its my first go around with an HPS and the temps get crazy.:smoking:

2. are you intending on having the lights over several feet away from the plants?

That won't necessarily keep your heat low. You'll still need a fan pushing the air through. 6'' flexible ducting doesnt cost more than 30$ or so at the depot.... is there any reason you don't want to set this up properly? seriously because if so I can help you trouble shoot it.....

3. I was really just sitting here pondering the light on top, I have a air cooled hood with 8 inch openings on each side. Its equipped to also hold a piece of glass to seal it but I need to order this as well. This will be my first attempt at venting a hps in a tent. Cant wait to have a basement space.

4. the only way to keep tents cool is airflow,airflow,airflow. if your hood is 6" get an 8" high cfm(550+) fan and a filter to handle the corosponding airflow a couple of 8" to 6" reducers and you'll be golden. others may say otherwise but this is what was required to keep my 5'x5' at 72-78 degrees. with a fan this big you can always upgrade to a 1kw hps in the future without upgrading your fan.