4x4 tent set up

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by MIke86ekim, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Get some bagged sand from the hardware store. It's like $4.00 a bag. Then get a nice fine mesh strainer that is very sturdy and wash the sand. Then make that the top layer of your soil. An inch should be good. This will act as a physical barrier for pest to get into or out of the soil. The bagged sand is just crushed rock and the little bugs get torn to shreds trying to dig through.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fox farms is not organic

• Like Like x 1
  3. Happy Frog is...Ocean Forest ain't...

4. Hey everyone. What would u suggest for the height of the 960 watt light for seedling stage? My tent is 4x4 35-40% humidity amd 25 degrees Celsius. I just want to make sure i get the light distance correct when i grow. Thank you. I was thinking 30"?

5. What is the name and model of your light?

6. Its the 960w mars hydro light i will try amd post a picture

Attached Files:

7. I wouldn't try to grow seedlings with that mate. I tried a few times to start em with the 600 light you've got and couldn't get the hang of it.
    Much easier using a cfl reflector or something like that.
    Best to start em with a low power, high k rating, light you can get really close so that they stay nice n compact. Much less chance of burning or over stretching.
    Having a seedling light also means you can start em up in the bedroom or whatever for a week or 2 which while the last crop 9s finishing up. cuts time off the next grow

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. That light is only 420 watts actual draw. You’re going to need another to flower that space. 800 watts of blurple LED or HID lighting (50 watts per sf) is needed in a 4x4.
    Look into quantum board LEDs, much better quality then those blurples.

As mentioned above, get some cfls in 6500k and some splitters with hanging light sockets. Keep them close like 2-3” away from seedlings.

9. Cemiculs [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

10. No

@ I love growing weed

11. [​IMG]

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for the advise. What light bulbls would u recomend with this? Where i live once it becomes legal to grow we can only do 4 plants at once i was hoping to limit the growing to my tent only for all stages and not having to worry about changing lights around. The light i have would be a 100% no go? Or is there a way i could use ot for the whole growth? If so i may lean toward using it for the seedling stages as well. I do have another light 600wat i would install for flowering.

13. 100 watt equivalent 6500k cfls. Like $9 for a 6 pack

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey brother
    Just how many sq ft , for all your grow area?[​IMG]

@ I love growing weed

15. You talking to me?

4x4 and 2x4 for flower, and about 3x5 for veg at the moment. Remodeling and increasing veg area, adding clone/seedling area, and 5x5 mother/father room for some breeding

• Like Like x 1
  16. My area i have is 4x4 grow tent so 16sf. Hoping i can just use the 960w mars hydro for seedling stag also as i do not have much room to make another area. Just looking on advise for height requirements. However ot seems i should be using a differemt light

17. EXCELLENT
    I’m expanding also.
    4x5 in large 10x5 closet
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    And the ac, she works great
    6” Apollo exhausting ac heat

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  18. This is my plan

E4B88081-ED5B-44FF-AF4E-899D72D46F8A.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  19. I’m going to steal the clone area and expand the veg to full 8’ with the clone area above

• Like Like x 1
  20. just take the mars out and use cfls until the plants get older