4x4 tent set up

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by MIke86ekim, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Looking to start growing marijuana at home once its legal october 17th. I am legally aloud to grow 4 plants at my home. Currently i have bought a 4x4 tent and a 960w mars hydro led light. I have all the plant nutrients soil i will need. My question is will the 960watt mars hydro light be enough to get maximum yields off of 4 plants in a 4x4 tent? I have a mars hydro 600watt led light i bought first as well was thinking of returning or should i run the two lights? Thank you for your input.

2. What is the model of the mars light you want to cover the 4x4?

3. You only need about 650-750 watts draw of mars leds to fill a 4x4 for bloom.

4. 40-50 watts per square foot range is what I would go for. That is real watts at the wall not rated.

5. This is the light i have bought and hope it can give me maximum flowering for four plants in a 4x4 tent. Thank you all for your input

6. I have a similar light from when I started. Just make sure you have it on a adjustable hanger/pulley. Consider lst or scrogging to maximize harvest in a tent. You will need to be hyper vigilant about bugs. Do not wear any clothing or shoes in your tent that have been outside. Treat it like a clean-room. I am just recovering from a thrip infestation from bagged soil. Almost a year and still over a month from my first harvest of the year :(. Make sure there is plenty of air movement as well. Fans on the plants will make for sturdier plants that will be better able to support big buds and help prevent pm from taking hold

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Thanks for the reply man. I currently have a 6" fan with a csrbon filter to circulate the air and will place 1-2 small fans inside the tent. For soil i intend to use FoxFarm Happy Frog Potting Soil for the first stage of life then transplant into foxfarm ocean forest soil. I will defentally not go nesr room with any dirty clothes on i would hate to get a bug problem. Currently i plan to lst the plants as they grow. Just nervous haha i want the grow to go perfect lol. Do u think there wuld be any value in adding the mars hydro 600watt light i have as a back up the same time? Or to much light?

Thanks!

8. YOu will need that extra light. Look at true wattage on those lights. Usually about half the advertised watts

• Like Like x 1
  9. How would i check true wattage?

• Standards--Dimension: 22 x 19 x 2.5inches, Core Coverage: 4ftx4ft, Max Coverage: 5.5ftx5.5ft. Power draw: 410 ± 10%W at 110v; 397 ± 10%W at 220v , Easily replace 450W HPS/HID/MH

This is what i found on the light page

10. So, it looks like you're starting with a great soil for organic grows,Are you planning to keep it organic throughout the grow?

11. Power draw...says 410 actual watts. Go by that...

12. This is my current nutrient line up i intended on using. From what i seen the last two weeks of flower i should flush soil and go water only. Thoughts?

13. Never-mind, LOL

• Like Like x 2
  14. So 410w for a 4x4 tent prob not enough hey? The other light i have says

Core Coverage:2ftx2.5ft ,Max Coverage: 3ftx4ft; Compares to traditional 600 watt HPS/MH while consuming only 265 watts

So total 660ish watt. I have the adjustable pullies so i could easily install them both

15. So, around 675 watts total, with both units.../ 16 sq ft...=42 watts pr sq ft... PLENTY !
    You could veg well with the 410, and flower with both really nice !

16. Thank you! I cant wait till ict 17th to start lol. Any other advise anyone has will be greatly appreciated. I have also got a co2 bag to help keep it a little higher in there.

17. It sounds like you're getting your 'ducks in a row' ... You'll do fine !