4x4 tent new setup with 1000watts

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SouthernGreen4207, Sep 17, 2017.

1. im running a grow with a 4x4 tent with a cooltube/hood 6in 1000 watt light ebb& flow bucket system. to cool off my light i rig up something... now you ppl may think im crazy or make try this who knows. i took a 150 quart cooler set it outside of my tent on a table install a 6in hose to the top of the cooler. the Duct then hooks up to the light pulled by 8in exhaust fan that has a filter at the end of it. i rig my A/C vent from the roof to 4 in duct that then goes into the bottom of the tent to get cool fresh air with a filter on it so nothing is blown into my grow tent. i will be hooking up a small water chiller to the cooler to make sure the air its sucking is cool to keep the light cool. My a/c runs thru out the day to make sure its cool for the dogs.( A/C temp set 70-72) my avg. temp in tent is 74 degrees. when lights go off it drops to 70 degrees. i have exhaust fan on a temp controller. Now this set up sounds crazy but i will post photos later .

• Like Like x 1
  2. So you're pretty much running the AC directly thru the cool tube?

J

3. No main ac is just running directly into the tent so i have direct air exchange.. I took a huge cooler an turn it into a type of ac with ice and water that is going to be hook up to a small water chiller.. The cooler itself is hook up to the hood that is hook up to a 8in vortex.(i also have a 10in one not using) that sucks the cold air thru the hood.. This project is for low income and homes that do not allow window ac but at the same time have control of the room without running your power bill and buying extra fans etc...