4x4 scrog and 4x4 hydro

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by shotfun, Jun 14, 2010.

1. so ive been reading up all across this site and decided that i would share the status of my grows based on all my reading.

the first grow is a scrog of 6 GDP and one critical mass. they are in five gallon buckets and have vegged for about 5 weeks. there was a two week period where i had to save them from my own mistakes but they came right back. theyre in fox farms soil and are being fed the general organics nutrient line. i flipped lighting over on wednesday and they are cruising right along.

the other setup is 6 inch rockwool blocks on the 8 inch wide slabs in a 4x4 tray. im going to veg those for another week and flip those. those are being fed the general hydroponics line. drip emitter runs twice a day for ten minutes. originally i had 12 bubba kush in there and planned to screen these as well. but someone dropped off 8 white widow clones this morning so i threw them in there.

a few things im trying to work out are the watering and its schedule. some ppm info for this stage and thats about it. oh yeah....both of these are under 1000w lights, except the hydro is on a dimmable phantom thats been on at 600w for a few days. i switched it to 750 today and im going to go to a 1000w wednesday. pictures

Attached Files:

2. wowza.... nice set up and plants are flourishing, that's what i like to see:p. i wish i could help you out info on ppm's but i measure in e,c and all meters convert differently from ppm to e,c.......
    i had a couple q's for you thou bro, i've been trying to figure out the proper ph to water with and i keep getting mixed reveiws. i'm in soil and i know that the ph is best at 6.5 but when i talked to the dude at the grow store he told me to water with water a 6.0 ph because as the soil drys the ph goes up so watering with a lil lower ph evens it out...
    so long story short what ph do you measure to when watering?????and what is the ph of your runoff???????
    keep this thread goin i would love to see how they turn out!!!!!

3. my current ph is 5.8 im not quite sure why but i just like the number. well.....im sure why, its because i have heard so many different numbers that i just found this to be the average of what everyone was saying. 5.5 to 6.1, or 5.8 to 6.3.....you just hear tons of stuff. and the way i do stuff is just try, so with that i thought 5.8 was a good starting point to tweek from. so far so good. ill go upstairs and be a dork and do daily posts. day off....what else to do ya know?

4. so heres todays shots. i have a question about a hole in one of my leaves. does anyone know whats causing that hole in the first picture. the other photos are updates along with an outdoor critical mass. the CM is ging to be an issue. damn thing has taken off and theres no stopping it. time to tie it down i think

Attached Files:

5. update.

Attached Files:

6. #6 shotfun, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    update. drip systems can only be figured out by trial and error it seems. watering once a day now. soil is still the easy way. but hydro is way more fun

Attached Files:

7. slight update. more on wednesday. that will be three week for scrog and 8 days for hydro. flip that is....

Attached Files:

8. very nice dude!

killer setup, plants look great and the hydro & soil thing is way cool!

thanks for posting this here :)

9. thanks man. its a real fun grow this time. having soil and hydro keeps it interesting. heres some updated photos. i appreciate the nice words.

the lanky strin in the scrog doin its stretch is the critical and the other is the gdp. gdp has nice fat buds but i know the cycle of the critical and its going to get good.

in the hydro the bubba took off first but the white widow is a chaser. coming up fast on the bubba. pretty rad

Attached Files:

10. the difference in the hydro bubba and white widow over two days is damn amazing

11. looks great dude! nice update :hello:

12. Damn bro, your whole setup is looking amazing! Glad to have you here sharing with us at GC. Ima subscribing to this one.....can't wait to see your final pull! Good work.....

chunk

13. hey you guys. ill shoot some photos with my 5d tonight. maybe even a bit of video. these iphones suck in the image department.

14. hey, i was checking out your threads. the soil grow im doing is an organic grow. im using that general organics line. pretty cool stuff..... smells like A1 sauce

15. Looking good.......just curious how high your scrog is above your buckets. Seems in the pictures that they look a little low. Never scrogged before but i have only read that around a 1' above the bucket is where the scrog goes.

Sub'd and Ill be tuning in on the regular. Good luck!

16. scrog screen is ten inches above bucket and soil is two inches down from bucket. I should have gone twelve from bucket.

17. its my first scrog and i also set mine at 10" as well and i found it to be great for one of the strains but not so good for a couple others i think genetics and or how early you top/fim'd the plant as well just thought i would chime in not sure if its of any value its what i have noticed in my grow , my three strains are moby dick 90% sativa wish screen was set higher for these bad girls they grow fast , but for the white widow and the rhino i think 10 inches or even a little less would be fine (if it dosent get in the way for you that is) i grow in hydroton and a diy flood and drain table so very little needs to be done to the substrate just room enough for my arms to reach under to tuck branches and fan leaves. im sub'd great looking grow cant wait to see what your yield will be. I like the drip system you have its very similar to how i hope to have mine one day , i have a white widow grow that is 32 days into flowering after the first sign of hairs and they are getting some crystals looking like sugar and the hairs are so long,

you can find my grow scrogging with moby dick 250w+cfl's, e&f

Attached Files:

18. im at ten inches above the bucket 12 inches from soil. i could use a little more room. maybe the two inches would help to get in there and toil. everyone could use two inches more.....ha

if you have to grow with only one side open like i am...i would raise it up. that way you can get in. EVERYTHING is trial and error. people can give you the best of advice but when you combine strain, light, water, nutrients, co2, humidity, temp, scrog/sog, its gonna all boil down to what works for you. the problem i have is that i lack discipline to do the same thing over and over only changing strain or nutes to see a difference between grows. i jump from drip hydro to soil to ebb to ....whatever. i just like growin weed

19. looks fuckin rad man. i starting seeing crystals on the gdp at about day 20. day 22 on critical mass. critical mass is an interesting strain. damn stuff goes off when you least expect it. take it easy brotha man

20. Looking good shotfun. Your setup is sweet :hello: Can't wait to see the end result :D