5x5 Michigan basement grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Paulie73, Feb 7, 2016.

• Like Like x 3
  1. Dude!

That light is badass. I've literally just built one of COBs, but would a QB one.

Is it a sheet of thick aluminium, with heatsinks and drivers? Is there one driver per QB pair?

Sent from the U.S.S. Discovery

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hey vegi were did you get your kit for your light?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thanks Paulie after this run I have some good genetics, so I’m just going to do one big pot per tent. So I could see what she could do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  4. #4125 Robbie714, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Hey @Vegi how you doing Bud. I like Cobbs a lot to. my old light (white) in the picture had two drivers HLG 240-1050a driving four boards but has fin heat sinks, this has a HLG 480-2100a they’re both dimmable [​IMG] on the 120 boards and the 132 boards you don’t need heat sinks. Thanks Vegi

• Like Like x 3
  5. Hey Paulie,

I use Shenzen Kingbrite, I think GroMau5 and quite a few others used them. They are far and away the cheapest and most reliable I've found but alot more are selling COBs in the US/UK but will of course have a much higher mark-up. I've never had issues ordering from them but they are China based.

Shenzhen KingBrite Electronics Co., Ltd. - Cree led,Bridgelux led

I ordered in two batches, first I ordered the COBs (because I butchered my old Mars light to add the COBs) then I bought the rest of the six COB kit from them. They do full kits now and I went the Cree route but Citizen COBs may be cheaper.

Other bits like the aluminium frame, fixings and electrical connections you can buy from anywhere really.

Trust me, it scares people off but its alot easier than it looks.

Heck, if someone like me can build a light anyone can! :p

Nice man thanks for coming back so soon.

See I only have a small tent and my COB frame literally fills the whole tent I've been impressed so far.

I think if I ever moved and got a bigger tent I'd definitely go the QB route.

How hot do they run?

• Like Like x 4
  6. No problem Bud! Are you running the cree cbx3070’s Vegi? the citizen 12/12 I think it’s the s7 top bin Cobb and the Vero’s 29’s are really nice too. But you have a Nice light Vegi! I looked at your journal before and you had some really nice bud hanging up I meant to say something. Your right it is much easier to put together a light, they make it so easy for you now the QBs are very simple from what I’ve seen no soldering. Then 120 boards I think are only $29 bucks a piece unless they change the price? then you have to buy a driver for $25.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thank you man. Ah man, you're giving me no excuses to build another light haha.

• Like Like x 3
  8. But if you’re happy with your light that’s all that counts Bud. You could always add to it whenever you want.

• Like Like x 2
  9. They don’t run hot at all I’m in my basement though where it stays between 68 to 70° in the summer when I have the Central air on it may be a little cooler. It’s running about 4° lower than my old light. This light runs at about 77° in a 4 x 4 my older light ran between 79 and 81°

• Like Like x 3
  10. Loving the journal Paulie, I'm subbed. I read most of it, but I'll admit, I had to skip through some of buckethead's attempts to hijack your thread!

Keep up the great work! It's been a while since my last grow, and I am expecting some exciting genetics to show up within the next week or so to start up again. Your journal has definitely kept me entertained and has fed the growdiction!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hey thanks badfish I appreciate the compliment man. What kind of genetics did you get?
    lol buckethead didn’t even make no sense half the time, he was a trip.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hah! Yeah he was.

I ended up getting:
    Super Lemon Haze from Green House Seed Co
    White Widow CBD from Pyramid Seeds

I also have some Hawaiian Purple Haze that I bred a few years back. (Acapulco Gold from Barney's x Purple Haze from Positronics Seeds) Hopefully I can get them to germinate they're getting old, but that strain was awesome.

I will probably germinate the SLH and run it first. I will post a journal next week to outline the grow room and setup. Definitely looking forward to it. It will be my first LED grow.

• Like Like x 3
  13. I always refrigerate my seeds. That way they last like ages.

A plastic sealable container, fill it with rice (to absorb any moisture) and stick all your seeds packs in that.

I've got really old seeds that still germ.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. So how long do beans last if u dont refridge? How long if u do chill?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  15. If kept in the fridge proper they’ll last for decades. Outside of the fridge they’ll last for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4x2 grow tent ( platinum p300 led)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nice strains. I’m not sure if I’ve ever smoked purple haze but I’ve always wanted to.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I like the rice idea I think I’ll store some of my seeds that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. A pretty long time Paulie may know better then me, but from what I’ve read some seeds can last about 10 years if stored correctly. they usually have a shelflife of 4 to 5 years but some beans could last you 10 years give or take. @Vegi is right storing seeds in your refrigerator they say is one of best ways.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ok cool

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3