4X QB120 boards... best driver for me??

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by roccus, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Got a notice today with tracking.. boards and drivers shipped today and should be here Friday

2. Drivers and board got here today I have 2 of them up and running.. they seem to run warm not so hot I can't hold my hand on the backs of the panels but seem to toss off more heat than my purple lights...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. You can possibly get some dimming from the voltage pot screw on the drivers. That may reduce the temp a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I am using 4x LRS-75-24 and qb120 also (in a 3x3) and had to use the pot screw to dim the lights as they were burning my seedlings up even at nearly 3 ft from plants. I turned the screw counterclockwise slowly until the boards started to hum and then turned them back up slightly.

Running around full power at whatever the LRS-75-24 is set at from the factory caused the boards to run warm to the touch but not super hot. Since I turned them down as far as possible they are now cool to the touch. Tent temps went from 77 to 72 with lights on. I can also open the tent without sunglasses now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yea they run a bit warm but for me that is not an issue I just open a window to let cool air in the room and everybody in the tent seems very happy. If these turn out to be to much for seedlings I still have my purple lights and they work great from seed through veg. I don't plan to grow through the hot summer months when this grow is finished I will not start next grow till Sept. I am thinking of adding 2 more 120's so my fixtures will have 3 boards each total of 6 panels and have between 400 and 420W in the 3 X 3

6. A little late but I have been using hlg-120h-48a, I don't quite remember exact but it dims from about 120w down to 30 w

Attached Files:

7. Looks good... the LRS-75-24's that I used are working great they give me max output for the 120's and plants are responding real well to them, I was looking for max watts at min $$$ and I think I have it :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. What is the max you are getting? So that is one driver per board?, a lot more economical than the ones I bought for mine.

9. I have each of my LRS 75-24's set to 24.4V which is about 68W. The LRS is really a small light driver.- fine for a single board. 20180327_212226.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes 1 driver per panel I got them for $16ea. with free shipping on amazon each panel with these drivers are putting out about 70W... Tbone turned me onto them and I can say they are working great
    [​IMG]

11. Dude! For real!!!! I just powered mine up and jeeeezzzz, they literally blinded me momentarily! I had them face up on the table after assembly and did not expect the amount of brightness they put out. Like an angel descending from heaven!