4x C4 Auto by Fast Buds Comparison Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 918AutoGrower, Jun 26, 2018.

1. No. I think topping is overrated. I can achieve the same (if not more) number of tops with low stress training and it doesn't slow down the growth of the plan like topping does. You can top an auto, but it has to be just at the right time so the plant doesn't get stunted.

There are a lot of experienced growers on this forum who have stopped topping their plants because they have come to the same conclusion. If you know what you're doing with LST, you don't need to top your plants.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Started training my C4 Auto.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 1
  3. The C4 auto is responding well to the training. She seems to like the KindSoil + CocoLoco mixture that she's in.

[​IMG]

4. C4 Auto update. LST is going well.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. So far so good. Just trucking along.

[​IMG]

I haven't really posted anything regarding the other 2 C4 Autos that I salvaged and manage to get into 3-gallon fabric pots, but I'll post their pictures below as well. I'm sure I'll get something off of them. I may just let them finish outside since I don't really have the room to grow them indoors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Training on my C4 Auto is going well. She will start flowering soon.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Looking good let the stretch begin! Lol

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Josh - absolutely! Let the stretch begin. Flower already! Sheesh.

Today's pic....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Well, it is evident that my C4 autos do not like the 20 hours on, 4 hours off light schedule that I've been keeping. They get droopy several hours before lights out (regardless of watering schedule), but they are perky in the morning when the lights come back on. So, I changed to 19 hours on, 5 hours off. In a few days, I may go to 18/6. We'll see.

I'll start training the smaller one today. The third C4 auto is going to finish outside since I don't have room for her in my grow space. The Gorilla Glue autos take priority since they are the test subjects of my comparison grow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. What's your humidity and temp look like?

11. Good question, Josh. The temperature in my grow space fluctuates depending on how hot it is outside, obviously. Temps are consistently 72 - 78 and humidity stays around 45 - 55%.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have never had any problems with any of my plants drooping like that unless I accidentally overwatered because I got too high and didn’t look at my watering schedule lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ya, that's the only time I get drooping also... Hopefully the light schedule change helps

14. I think it will....although I may just take my C4 autos and either put them outside to finish, or move them to one of my other grow tents and I’ll just use one of my Roleadro 400watt COB lights on them.

I probably shouldn’t do anything or make any changes in my primary grow space that will negatively affect my Gorilla Glue comparison grow.

15. I modified my light schedule from 20 on 4 off to 19 on 5 off. The C4 autos are doing fine....still drooping a little bit towards the end of the light cycle, but responding well to LST and light defoliation.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. My C4 is finally starting to flower! The other two smaller C4's probably won't yield much, but they are healthy so I'm letting them grow out anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. I am starting to think that these C4 autos don't like artificial light. They are perky when the lights come on, but after a few hours in the grow room under my quantum board LEDs, they get droopy regardless of watering schedule. However, the C4 auto that I have been growing outside seems to be doing very well. I'm considering just putting all of my C4 autos outside. The larger one is definitely in flower, and the other two are showing signs of flowering. I'm not expecting much from these plants, but I think I'll probably walk away with a few zips, which is fine.

The larger one is growing very quickly. I got busy and didn't pay much attention to my plants for 2 days, and when I entered my grow room this morning to check on my babies, this larger C4 auto had grown about 3 inches. She is really taking off during her stretch into flowering...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Well, my C4 autos are doing as well as can be expected considering they had a rough start. If I thought my neighbors were super cool, I'd finish them outside, but I fear the smell would warrant unwanted attention. They don't smell yet, but they will since they are a week or so into flowering. The larger one is in my tent, and it is doing well, but the leaves continue to droop every day despite the rapid growth. The ones outside don't have droopy leaves, though. Kinda weird.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. I'm glad I decided to grow out these C4 Autos even though I screwed them up. They are really a fascinating strain. I can't believe how much 2 days in the sun has made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Looks awsome im in for the rest of this ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2