4day old sprout yellowing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Brucemalis, Oct 4, 2010.

1. My strawberry cough is showing yellowing on one it's first two round leaves. It is in mg organic potting soil until veg then putting it in ffof. It is in a small party cup with vermiculite and the mg. It has four drain holes at the bottom soil is pretty moist. Can't Post pics ATM...

2. Have you checked the pH?

3. It has been a long while since I grew from a seed but I do remember those first little leaves dying off. I wouldn't be to worried about unless it spreads to you first set of real leaves.

Wolf

4. I have no way to check Ph until the weekend. Only one of the two leaves is yellow it hasn't spread. The two leaves still haven't opened. The yellowed leaf is down the green leaf is still up.

5. Meh, I think a little yellowing is normal. It happens as the plant switches its resources from one part to another. If everything else is looking good and your plants are still growing, I think you will probably be okay.

If all of the leaves are yellow, you have a problem there.

Yellowing can mean that you're burning your plant with nutes, but it sounds like you're not adding anything extra to the soil. Personally, I think it also might be the Miracle Grow, which is a waste of money. It's just not made to grow cannabis. it's for potted plants and flowers. I think that might be your probably right there.

There are plenty of MJ nutrients that are much better for soil growing and that will ensure you don't have problems with burn or with deficiencies. Advanced Nutrients is my favorite, but there are plenty of others that will work too.

6. It doesnt appear to be doing anything. Growing or dying
    Yes I am aware of how terrible mg is and ill b putting them in ffof starting Friday.