48x48x80 tent are my fans powerful enough

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shattermin, Oct 19, 2018.

1. I have the Vivosun 48x48x80" tent and I got powdery mold/mildew last time I grew. It was my first grow, so live and learn. I had 10 plants in there, way too crowded, with 2 4" fans (not sure of the CFM for those). I just bought the Vivosun 6 inch 440 CFM fan for intake and the same for exhaust with a 6 inch Vivosun carbon filter on amazon Canada. I am only growing 4 plants this time with a 600w LED. Are the fans too powerful, or is that even an issue? I have found a million different ways to calculate proper CFM, but they all seem much lower than the 440 max mine puts out, although mine has an adjustable speed setting, not sure how adjustable yet as I am getting my fans today. I am not using ducting, just an intake fan in the bottom corner and and exhaust fan with carbon filter hung vertically from the top of the tent. I will also have 2 12" oscillating fans mounted one at the top of the tent and the other at the bottom to keep air circulating. so 2 questions: Are the fans/filter right for the job and is that enough fresh air intake and circulation to avoid any problems?

2. 10 plants in that little space - Wow! Assume they were autos?
    With such limited space powdery mildew is always a threat!
    My tent isn't much bigger mate (80x80x140) and I cant fit more than 3 autos at a squeeze in mine!
    To answer your question, I would say depending on the time of year - Where are you based? Where is the tent? In your shed? In your House?

Reason why ask, is my tent is outside in my shed in my garden and ambient temp plays a big part!

In summer, I use my 6" Ryno extraction fan with a 4" intake, as the temps can get to 30 degrees plus outside and this extracts the heat nicely - Keeping temps inside the tent stable 23 - 27 degrees.

In winter, I change my extraction to 4" , with my 4" intake which helps keep heat inside the tent (as it is much weaker) when it is minus 1 degrees etc. outside - I want the heat to keep stable temps!

So I would say you have a powerful extraction for a tent that size but all depending what your temps are saying, I cant see it being a big problem mate!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Autos? Never heard that term. And my tent is 4 feet by 4 feet by 6.7 feet tall. I am growing in an apartment, but I live in Canada. So this summer was brutal for humidity, but the air is dry up here, so I'm hoping that won't be a problem in the winter. I just ordered the Vivosun 6 inch fans for intake and exhaust, they're rated at 440 cfm, and I got my carbon filter in a combo with one of the fans so its a 6 inch filter . I am just paranoid about them getting enough fresh air, as I won't be able to run duct to my windows because I live in a basement suite. But now I have been reading that these fans aren't the best quality, but do you think they're worth it? They are pretty cheap and I doubt I will ever need to run them full blast all the time. And the fan speed controllers apparently aren't very hi tech. Eighty percent or 100, or off are the 3 settings. I just want to make sure my airflow is good enough and/or not too much after last crops mold incident..no more mold lol. So each plant has 1 square foot of room to grow in this tent they're in now, and I was thinking of topping them to make 4 more clones, which I will have to put in my 3 foot by 3 foot tent. And hopefully that won't be too crowded. I'm growing a strain called Shishkaberry this time.Thanks for the info man, now that I've clarified, the next questions are my fans worth it or should I buy better quality, and do I just watch the temps to see if I'll need to add a second oscillating fan to keep the air moving in the tent? I already plan to mount one oscillating fan at the top of my tent to keep the temps down. But my LED isn't very hot at 600w, but my 315 CMH light will be. Thanks again, any more tips?

4. Sounds great
    Both adjustable, you CAN dial that one in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

5. Circulation of air is Critical!!! Fans are good
    Especially oscillator

@ I love growing weed

6. So you had ten normal weed plants in that small area. Autos are auto flowering. They don’t need special light cycles or worry about light leaks etc.
    Plant seed
    Let it grow
    3-31/2 months. Harvest
    I keep lights on my autos 18 hrs off 6 hours

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1