480W LED: n00b attempt #3

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Devils, Nov 1, 2011.

1. #1 Devils, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
    Gday fellow grassers,

Welcome to my third attempt at growing some of natures goodness.

This wont be as regular as the last journal, depends how excited I get!

Will be using the following setup and plan to start germ in the next week, current grow has another 3 weeks or so left so should be good timing with a week or two give or take.

Clone/Veg/Mum = x2 90W BS Veg/Clone LED (see pic of cabinet below)
    : Will be running veg cycle in 28L BB tub to be transplanted to Flower tent when ready

Flower = x2 240W BS Flower LED
    : Running in twin 20L (5 gal) buckets with a ceramic micro defuser in each running of a 20L air pump.
    :phat filter and 125mm Inline fan
    :x2 20cm fans for circulation
    :passive intake

Second Wardrobe in pics below I plan on moving the flower tent into once I get around to it.....Another Ebay pickup, looking for the stealth just part of the furniture look....

Attached Files:

2. #2 Devils, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2011
    For some reason flower tent pic wouldn't attach in last post, this is it here.

I am having troubles deciding on next strain, if any are interested in following journal, post up and I will give you a selection to choose from, have about 16 strains at moment.

Attached Files:

3. What strains do you have available?

4. Gday OP,

List below, I am leaning towards trying a Tangerine Dream and a Pot of Gold or Shiva.

White Rhino, Tangerine Dream, Burmese Kush, Kushage, S.A.G.E, Blue Hash, Heavy Duty Fruity, Darkstar, Critical, Bubblegum Kush, Pot of Gold, Shiva Shanti, Strawberry Cough, G13 Labs strain, Skunk and 3 other seeds I think are Purple Haze.

5. I'd vote for Tangerine Dream! I'll be running Chocolope next, and might be cool to see another mostly sativa under the LEDs!

6. Are these all seeds, or do you need to germ/grow/clone, still? If so, have you thought about running an automatic in the mean time?

7. All seeds.

Plan is to start this round in the new veg cabinet this week and get them going in veg stage under the new 90w LED due in next few days, then move them into flower tent once just under my screen level. Current run will be dry n done by then.

Will then take clones once they show there true sex and start a mum of it to get a perpetual cycle happening till I feel like changing flavor.

8. Quick update.

Ended up running with a Tangerine Dream and Heavy Duty Fruity.

Tangy is about 1 week ahead of Heavy Duty due to germination stuff up.

Have topped/Fimmed Tangy, not sure what I ended up with in the end, top or fim, will soon find out.

Tangy is really really bushy, has a tree trunk on her already!!

Attached Files:

9. Update time.

Have started the first round of nutes with the girls, accidently went a little strong at 1300ppm (1.3 EC) but they seem to be responding ok to it.

Will be running them in veg mode at least until the 9th Jan as I will be going overseas for 10 days over NYE, off to Thailand and will have a friend keeping an eye on things, to keep it simple for him, he will just need to top up water and guide into the scrog as needed. Will throw in the 240W flower models and switch to 12/12 on return. Think I will have a couple of monsters on my hands by then :D

Running the Canna classic line with extra additives. Am thinking of changing and trying a different line that is a little easier on the back pocket, anyone have any suggestions that they have had success with? I do like the canna, easy to use, just $$.

Attached Files:

10. nice looking setup devils :)

iv got a 90w ufo myself,lovely for vegging with would love a big panel but the price is pretty steep lol

subbd for this one

11. Update time..

Had an awesome 10 days in Thailand, so sad to be back home to reality. No questions about the holiday, what happens in Thailand stays in Thailand :D

The ladies really took off while away, had to do some final guiding on the scrog, not 100% full but close enough, lots of little nodes pushing their way through to the open bits from below.

Will be switching to 12/12 tonight, trimmed a lot of fan leaves off 2 days ago and yesterday put in the 2 x 240W still on 18/6 just to not stress it too much too soon.

Heres hoping I get 2 females this time and no balls, want to end up with 2 ladies for a change......not that I am greedy.....

You know you can get 2 ladies in Thailand for..........woops...almost forgot the cardinal rule!! :eek:

Attached Files:

12. Hello fellow grassers!

Time for a quick update, switched to 12/12 on the 12/1 and it appears it is all systems go for 2 lovely ladies. :smoke:

The one on the left I have named Tamara (Tangerine Dream) and the one on the right is Tootie (Heavy Duty Fruity).

Not that original but it works for me :)

Trimmed the lower branchs, getting some nice clones in the process. Will have a Tangy mum in no time!

Will be switching the soup in the next day or so to the Canna Flores A & B and other recommended additives, personally I do it at about 1/2 to 3/4 what they say, makes it last a bit longer..

All going fine so far......for a change!!! :hello:

Attached Files:

13. Subbed , how bout some updates m8 ?

14. Ok, due to popular demand, here is an update.

Things are a little grim at the moment due to a very sensitive lady who does not like her nutes. After a bit of research turns out you got to take it nice and easy with the strength till you find that sweet spot!

I had to go OS over NYE for 2 weeks to Thailand and had a mate keeping an eye on things for me, I think the pre made juice I left behind for him was a wee bit strong. Just seeing how next week or two go and might chop her for oil and get the next 2 young ones in the flower cab.

The baby TD you can see below have both been topped about 3 times and the mum got fimmed, not sure if I will LST the mum as yet or just let her do her thing.

Depending how this next round goes, might drop the TD and try another strain, maybe back to the Rhino as I know what it likes.

Anyone know where to get hands on some good Ozzie strains?

I alreadt posted the pics in another thread and cant figure out how to repost, any help?

Attached Files:

15. Sweet m8 looking good

16. subbed now mate :)

17. Couldnt help myself, just did a little splurge on Attitude for the Bday specials.

Now have enough to keep me going for a lifetime, need to get a little stamp book thingy to start cataloging them in some type of order.

18. Okilie Dokilie,

Did a res change today, made up some Canna nutes with boosters at 0.7EC (700ppm), will see how the tempremental bitch take them, dont get me wrong, I am sure Tangy means well......but some times.....Just fails to please.

Got my RDWC (Recirculating Deep Water Culture) sorted, its currently in QC (quality control), ensuring leaks are not going to occur.

Going by the pics below, patience is running thin with the Tangerine Dream (TD), she is a fickle girl, the hearty old Rhino was really easy to get to lay down nicely.

Decisions need to be made, but I think I will at least give the 2 TD clones their chance to shine and make me proud...(oil if the dont) They have been topped 3 times so will hopefully be bushy, i know the they will stretch like a bitch, so will have to do the switch nice and early on the screen. The Mum TD, I dont know WTF I did, it turned out not to be a top or a FIM, seems like some monster mutant and I have at least 6 nodes/stems coming out of where there should have been 2 or 4!!

The single plant in organics is a TD clone I took with the intention to be a mum, now.......not so sure....maybe a custom AUtopot candidate...

Attached Files:

19. very lovely mate :)

20. OFF TOPIC

Sorry for this plug, but I really think this is something all you fellow Antipodeans will be interested in.

This IS a true story, it actually happend in the town I grew up in for a number of years in the Southern Riverina, it was approx 1.5 tonnes of weed they found in the rest area. Word on the street was it was from Griffith area and drivers panicked at sight of random truck testing station and dumped. Just so happend first peeps to come acroos this rather smelly dump, was peeps from my small shitty town (village if u want to b pedantic) of 996 people...yes you fart, we all knew what it smelt like....

ANYWAY, one of my good mates from High School is now DIRECTING a film about the whole thing, it has some well know Australian actors involved, be good if you could show your support, this is going to be a CORKER of a movie!! trust me!!! yes, i did invest an ounces worth of $ in a drive earlier, but I just KNOW this is going to be good!!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bush-...11760125558772

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiFtIy2uM5k]Bush Weed - The Story - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbNWUvjo8xs&feature=related]Alvin's Guide to Manicurin' Bush Weed - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDF7p45dpYA&feature=related]Bush Weed - Sledger Meets Detective Dowling.mov - YouTube[/ame]