480W LED Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Mikeee420, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Whatsup GC. Im growing two plants from seed in a 20x36x62 tent in my closet. I am growing in coco with a DTW system, and I have two 240W LEDS over them.This is my small medical grow.

Attached are a few pics from a little over 2 weeks ago. They are 15 days into flower at the time of these photos. These are before and after a heavy defoliation. predefol.jpg postdefol.jpg

Attached Files:

2. lookin great, just the scrog got kinda over stretched :D

how are they looking now?

3. Heh, yeah they stretched a good 18" more than I anticipated. Today is day 30, I'll get some pics later in the day when the plants wake up and post 'em up.

4. Are you doing anything for filtering? Does your closet absolutely reak? I just got my own place again but it's a condo on the third floor. So I want to make sure I can detain the smell for neighbors. I'm looking into a similar grow/setup, I have a huge closet I can utilize or build a wardrobe grow in my room. 

5. I have a carbon filter but have not hooked it up because the smell isn't too significant, yet. They seem to smell more at certain times of day. This definitely has alot to do with the strain though and if your strain is known to be stinky It would probably be needed pretty early on.

6. subbed..looks great...im in coco..in the smallest tent...looking to upgrade to ur size tent with leds since its the biggest that will fit in my closet lol...checkout my grow tho...coco is the shit.

7. Update 4/4- Day 32 of Flower

Whatsup folks. The ladies just woke up so I snapped a couple pics.
    One shot is of a random little shoot down by the scrog screen. The other two are of the same bud, one with my hand blocking some of the LED light, and the other without. They're looking really great! Harvest cant come soon enough. 

I wish I would have nipped some of the tops on my left plant. That side of the tent is kinda crowded and the buds seem to be smaller than on the right. I think it's because the plant is having to divert its energy into twice as many shoots on the left as on the right. Learn something every time, eh?

Attached Files:

8. what strain is this?

9. Bio-chem from 303 seeds. The genetics are chemdawg4 x Bio-dieselF1. Doesn't smell too much as of yet. Don't know if it's genetic or i'm doing something wrong

10. Day 38. Growth continues. Did a pretty nice defoliation today. Noticed a few pistils turning orange here and there. Not sure why it's doing this this early but oh well. Il probably add new pics next update.

11. my lowest nodes hairs turned orange real early too

12. Day 45. Things are looking swell, although every look in my tent makes me wish I had managed height a lil' better.My strain is supposed to go 9-11 weeks but it's looking like it may finish a little early, 8-9 I'm thinking. This doesn't surprise me as I've defoliated semi-heavily throughout flower and I've heard more than once this can cause early finishing.

Smoked a little taster bud I nipped last week today; not too shabby! Good buzz, although the taste wasn't all there. Took a bunch of pictures afterwards, might've zoned out and taken a few too many  :smoke:

Attached Files:

13. Branches are getting heavy! If I fully open the tent I'll have em' all flopped out shortly after. Feeding em half strength nutes with 1 TBS/gal Molasses for 7 days, then flush til chop.. Starting to feel proud of my results; this is actually some smoke I'd pay good money for.

14. what light is that?

15. 2x 240w Blackstar Flowering LEDS.. the new v2.0 2014 model. I heard bud density was an issue with LEDs but honestly, even my popcorns at the bottom are pretty damn dense. 

16. thinking about getting the 135w one.. throw it in the middle of my cfls

17. seeing how close ur ight is to the tops of ur plants makes me feel better about putting it in my small tent...

18.  Highly recommend them. Take a look at the v2.0, they have a 180w. They completely redesigned the v2.0 and I really like the changes they made. And yeah my tops are like an inch from the light in many spots, even have 2 tops touching the LED. I would advise keeping at least 3 inches from the light though.. I mean yeah sure theyre growing but the buds within an inch of the light are growing kinda wierd.. Il try and get a pic of the wierd growth sometime. It's only on the super close tops so I attribute it to the proximity to the light. 

I wonder if anyone's ever done a vertical CFL grow

19. more compact buds then cfls

20. So today is day 68 of 12/12. Seems like forever. Smell is pleasant, but weak. Trichrome coverage is superb, from top to bottom. The past week I was giving them half strength nutrients in addition to 1 TBS/gal of blackstrap molasses. Today I gave them a final defoliation, and will begin a week of no nutes, molasses/water only. Was originally going to begin flush already but I think the plants have a little more than a week left in em as I see no amber whatsoever, so I will do this to give them an extra week to mature.

Really don't see the point in buying a bottle of PBP for a week, and here's where I have a question for anyone reading this: think my yield will suffer at all from giving molasses only for the week before flush?  Keep in mind I use organics so I have a somewhat active medium, potentially increasing the effectiveness of molasses?  :confused:

Dunno. Pretty much flyin' by the seat of my pants at this point!