46 yr old crackers

Discussion in 'General' started by KCtokin, Mar 26, 2008.

1. so, i do maintenance work for a catholic monestary (no i'm not catholic and I won't mention my opinion of the catholic faith) and it's this huge 6 story building that has probably 3 ft thick stone walls. It was built sometime in the late 1800's. My boss is gone this week so i've been able to piss the days away on the net. Today I decide to bring a full bowl w/ me to work. Oh ya, this buildings' also got a bunch of tunnels that go all over under it with a bunch of rooms off of them. I make my way down to one of the rooms to smoke and it's completely filled with these old ass tin cans about a foot tall filled with crackers. The top of the can says Civil Defense all purpose SURVIVAL CRACKERS dated Dec. 1962. When I first started working here I was told that this place was designated as a bomb shelter during the cold war. I don't really know why i'm telling you guys this except that I now have a very good high and I thought it kicked ass that I found a bunch of old crackers that were supposed to be used if everybody started launching bombs. I was thinking about eating one but i bet those are some stale ass crackers.

2. haha i thought you were gonna get stoned and have the munchies, then decide to eat a bunch of them and they either tasted really good or super sick.
    pretty interesting though

3. Ugh, I wouldn't trust them. One time I found an old tin of potato chips and I opened them up, thinking they were barbecue. They were not barbecue, they were rust flavored. Oh man, that was nasty. And they were stale. :(

4. you ate rust flavored chips!?!?:eek:ahahaa that sucks.

mann, id be blazin in all those tunnels all day.sounds like fun.

5. That is SO not what I expected this thread to be about when I read the title... I was thinkin it was gonna be some spoof of 46 y/o white people, lol.

6. :laughing: No, I chewed one rust flavored chip and promptly spit it out.

7. Take those cans and sell them to a museum or something. OOOORRRR sell 'em on Ebay mayne. prolly make some decent money cuz they historical n errythang.

8. my highschool had the same thing tin cans with old ass crackers in them in the bomb shelter

the shelter could prolly fit 100 people it was made in the 1950s now theres a couple thousand at this school i wonder if they ever reuped on them crackers

my cool teacher when i was a freshman i swear he smoked he came in all the time with blood shot eyes n every day we watched a movie the tests were all scan tron and we all passed them around copying ahha if i could go back to freshman year just that year i would its worth just to have his class

9. Well these are 'survival' crackers so I would think they would stay fresh for a looong ass time

10. Can you say tetnis shot? lol

Tunnels sound awesome, i love smoking in dark interesting places.

11. Scantron. Now there's a word I haven't heard in ages. Wow. That takes me back. :)

12. excellent idea. i'm seein green baby
    i'd shit myself if someone on ebay would actually buy a tin can full of old crackers

13. But.. but but but... Aren't those the ones that aren't fresh... Like... Ever?! lolol :p:D:smoke::yay:

EDIT: Random useless fact... The HS I went to was a designated bomb shelter back in the day. They built a big ass chamber under it during the cold war because everyone was scared we were gonna get nuked by the Ruskies, lol...

The irony of it all is that the name of my HS...... Harry S Truman, :laughing: :smoke: